The Student Room Group

Should I start volunteering again?

I volunteered as an admin volunteer for 2 months before because I was working for 6 months as an estate agent and it was too much for me, and employers are asking me what I have been doing since 2022 (which is when I last gained experience but that wasn't paid, it was a traineeship), should I start volunteering again and stop at some point (because you can't be volunteering while working as employers will think it's going to be too much) while I am studying towards a level 2 customer service qualification or should I just put down that I am currently doing a level 2 customer service qualification (even then they seem uninterested because they think it's going to be too much)
Reply 1
You can volunteer and work. I have a full-time job Mon-Fri with a charity, and volunteer (unpaid) at fund-raising events on some weekends. You could also do some evenings, like with cadets, youth club or sports, community work where there isn't a massive commitment or the need to attend regularly, or get involved with the occasional fund-raiser. It's what you find manageable, what you enjoy and gaining some transferable skills.
Original post by Anony345533
I volunteered as an admin volunteer for 2 months before because I was working for 6 months as an estate agent and it was too much for me, and employers are asking me what I have been doing since 2022 (which is when I last gained experience but that wasn't paid, it was a traineeship), should I start volunteering again and stop at some point (because you can't be volunteering while working as employers will think it's going to be too much) while I am studying towards a level 2 customer service qualification or should I just put down that I am currently doing a level 2 customer service qualification (even then they seem uninterested because they think it's going to be too much)

Volunteering is always a good idea. To gain experience, skills and a future reference.
You can still volunteer and work. If you volunteer somewhere where there isnt a massive commitment. For example at rainbows/brownies/guides/beavers/cubs/scouts groups.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending