The Student Room Group

Weighing up my options

Hi I am now a postgraduate as I am expected to graduate next month although level 6 my final year of my degree is extremely challenging and tough and I obtained a possible 330/360 credits out of my degree from the University of Hertfordshire. I feel like a failure and flop and I am really nervous about future opportunities, I am currently doing a traineeship program consisting of courses in the forms of videos to help build and gain experience whilst then completing a exam to gain the vital skills and qualities to then therefore note down on my CV although I don’t know what to do next I have spoken to my careers team at the university however they haven’t been of much help and I was really hoping that they would help me look towards a post graduate job with a 2:2 and I don’t know what degree have I got what do I do next :frown:
Original post by Mohammed_80
Hi

I am now a postgraduate as I am expected to graduate next month
although level 6 my final year of my degree is extremely challenging and tough and I obtained a possible 330/360 credits out of my degree from the University of Hertfordshire.

feel like a failure and flop and I am really nervous about future opportunities,

I am currently doing a traineeship program consisting of courses in the forms of videos to help build and gain experience whilst then completing a exam to gain the vital skills and qualities to then therefore note down on my CV although I don’t know what to do next

I have spoken to my careers team at the university however they haven’t been of much help and I was really hoping that they would help me look towards a post graduate job with a 2:2 and I don’t know what degree have I got what do I do next :frown:

Hello, I'm splitting this post up to try and advise you best

First of all congratulations on finishing your degree - it's not easy to do and there are lots of people who don't achieve it.

When you're feeling like a failure, I'll suggest you compare yourself now to how you were when you began the course. I'll predict that you've probably made some new friends, tried a lot of new things, learnt a bit more about how to survive as an adult human being, learnt a lot about yourself and also potentially learnt one or two things from your course.

The paragraph in italics is confusing me quite a bit. It sounds like you're completing a short online course to add to your CV? Yes?

Good that you have used your careers team :smile:
I have 2 questions:
- What was your degree in?
- What fields do or don't you want to work in?
Original post by 04MR17
Hello, I'm splitting this post up to try and advise you best

First of all congratulations on finishing your degree - it's not easy to do and there are lots of people who don't achieve it.

When you're feeling like a failure, I'll suggest you compare yourself now to how you were when you began the course. I'll predict that you've probably made some new friends, tried a lot of new things, learnt a bit more about how to survive as an adult human being, learnt a lot about yourself and also potentially learnt one or two things from your course.

The paragraph in italics is confusing me quite a bit. It sounds like you're completing a short online course to add to your CV? Yes?

Good that you have used your careers team :smile:
I have 2 questions:
- What was your degree in?
- What fields do or don't you want to work in?

Degree in Computer Networks and Technology I would like to work in the IT field please it really depends what does this type of job or degree enable me towards
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending