The Student Room Group

If you won £10m what would you do with it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
I wouldn't "win" 10 million because i'm not daft enough to waste my money buying lottery tickets ...because let's face it, you've got a better chance of getting hit by lightening than winning the jackpot ...

If I aquire 10 million it will be off my own back.....

Get to work then.
Tonnes of gucci hugo boss versace, a givenchy tracksuit and maybe a lambo
Original post by FailedMyMocks
This is why men are smarter :smile:

If you are indeed a guy then I think your very presence falsifies that hypothesis, judging by your name that is.
- Buy my mum a house
- Finish the work needed on my dad's house
- Pay off my student debt here and drop out of uni
- Go and live with my boyfriend in America and finish my degree over there
- Build our own house in America
- Buy a car
- Buy my dad a better car
- Buy my mum a car
- Buy my brother a house / flat / whatever he wants so he moves out
- Get lots of cats
- Give away a good chunk to other family and charities
Give about 9 million to my mum and that’ll help her pay for bills and anything she wants. A nice new house, send money to charity and family who are poor/sick. And get anything i’ve ever wanted. This is so unlikely though.
Probably spend a million or two on expensive purchases, then leave the rest in an account and live off the interest.
Pay off mine and my sister's student debts
Buy my sister and her a fiancée a house as a wedding present
Make sure my mum was happy
Go on a cool holiday
Then probably save the rest until I'm ready to spend it
Reply 27
I would help my mum and dad pay of the mortgage, buy them some stuff and give some money to charity. I would also give it to my auntie and uncle.
Original post by TastyChicken
If you are indeed a guy then I think your very presence falsifies that hypothesis, judging by your name that is.

Just because one man isn't smart doesn't mean the rest aren't :P
10 million pfc's
Reply 30
A few properties, some nice cars, build a walk in wadrobe and fill it with expensive clothes. Give a good amount to my family and charity. Save the rest though.
i) Buy TSR

ii) Spend the remaining £9 998 275 on fun stuff
Original post by the bear
i) Buy TSR

ii) Spend the remaining £9 998 275 on fun stuff

Is it really worth that much? :redface:

I'd put it into a Barclays bank and just sleep.
Charities, Family and Friends, Car, House, Invest, Pet, in that order.
Follow my dream and become a filmmaker without the stress of having no money or needing a "proper" job.
Original post by UWS
Buy a Freddo.

freddo's gonna be a million pounds soon
I'd spend it all in Poundland
People on here don't seem to get that £10 million isn't all that much. Assuming inflation runs to 2% per year, you can afford to spend £90k per year (in real terms - by 2073 you'll be spending £250k to maintain the same standard of living) for 60 years. That's comfortably well-off, but not uber-rich. The stuff most people are suggesting they'd do would probably bankrupt themselves in under 10 years. Many lottery winners end up no better off in the long-term because they spend just as quickly as they win.

I'll stick with the "boring" option and invest most of it. Of course I could splash out a little (new laptop, new phone, a car when the time comes), but I have no use for a mansion or fancy car right now. Unless it's a 911 GT3 or something that'll rocket up in value.
Buy 25 houses in Liverpool, Birmingham, the midlands ( anywhere with 100-200k houses) and rent them out and live off that. Clear my student debt , F off to an island somewhere and live c o m f o r t a b l y
Original post by Doonesbury
How much is a house (especially in London)? And currently a 3 year degree costs about £50k including living costs.

So your budget isn't going to work I'm afraid.

I think even 100k is too much for one family. I wouldn’t want to take more than that. But of course my budget wouldn’t work, it is hypothetical

Quick Reply

Latest