The Student Room Group

Anyone need motivation to do schoolwork?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1 _ _
When I'm feeling de-motivated I open up AutoTrader, query up my dream car, look at the price - there's my motivation.

priorities in order :smile:
i messed up my recent chemistry mock (AS) now idk if i can comeback from this , need help :frown:
Original post by Ray_Shadows
i messed up my recent chemistry mock (AS) now idk if i can comeback from this , need help :frown:

You can come back from this. A levels seem to be ridiculously hard, with a c being an equivalent to gcse A*. Everyone says chemistry is hardest in the first year, and you improve in application for the exam questions in the next year. Mocks are mocks for a reason, to practice you and prepare you. Now you need to identify your mistakes. Have you heard of MARKCS?
Maths
Application
Read the question
Knowledge
Communication
Statements
Look at your previous work, identify what you know and don’t know, and talk to a teacher. You still have time.
good luck and update me
:smile:)
Original post by Ray_Shadows

Same here. I would suggest you look over that paper well and review every single little mistake.

Ask your teacher if you can get the markscheme so you look through to understand what you did wrong yourself and get help on questions if you need to.

Personally then I would go over loads of topic questions on the bits you didn’t get in the paper just for more practice to cement your knowledge and ensure you don’t ever make those same mistakes again next time. Hope that helps!
Can't be arsed to get up to go to six form when I'm shattered and the to fail even though I waste me evenings attempting to study
Original post by DarkIronsBarzakh
Can't be arsed to get up to go to six form when I'm shattered and the to fail even though I waste me evenings attempting to study

Oh no. You need a change. Go to bed earlier, drink water and have a clear plan of what you need to learn. Print off your spec and memorise it. Relax in the evenings then do homework, and work your way up. Talk to your teachers too
Original post by Millieclatworthy
Oh no. You need a change. Go to bed earlier, drink water and have a clear plan of what you need to learn. Print off your spec and memorise it. Relax in the evenings then do homework, and work your way up. Talk to your teachers too

Thanks, suppose a routine might help atm, how doed drinking water help me?
Thanks btw
Thanks, suppose a routine might help atm, how doed drinking water help me?
Thanks btw

Drinking water makes your brain work more effectively so you can retain information. And hou also need it not to die. But mainly for exams lol! Good luck and revise for your tests, it’ll be worth it if you get into uni
Drinking water makes your brain work more effectively so you can retain information. And hou also need it not to die. But mainly for exams lol! Good luck and revise for your tests, it’ll be worth it if you get into uni

Thanks you!
Thanks you!

Keep in touch! Good luck and go to sleep now :smile:
Reply 30
NEED motivation to study, Please

I just did my maths mocks and got 50% (grade 6) but i want so much higher! Ideally I'd want an 8 but im completely okay with a 7 at this point. I absolutely hate wordy questions and maths just seems to be full of them. Maths is the subject I'm currently doing worst at, but i want to do it for A-levels and now I feel like I'll just spend next year struggling with it. The annoying thing is I know how to use methods, I just can't identify what method to use. Its so frustrating to the extent its seriously demotivating me.

Original post by Yatayyat
Same here. I would suggest you look over that paper well and review every single little mistake.

Ask your teacher if you can get the markscheme so you look through to understand what you did wrong yourself and get help on questions if you need to.

Personally then I would go over loads of topic questions on the bits you didn’t get in the paper just for more practice to cement your knowledge and ensure you don’t ever make those same mistakes again next time. Hope that helps!

You can come back from this. A levels seem to be ridiculously hard, with a c being an equivalent to gcse A*. Everyone says chemistry is hardest in the first year, and you improve in application for the exam questions in the next year. Mocks are mocks for a reason, to practice you and prepare you. Now you need to identify your mistakes. Have you heard of MARKCS?
Maths
Application
Read the question
Knowledge
Communication
Statements
Look at your previous work, identify what you know and don’t know, and talk to a teacher. You still have time.
good luck and update me
:smile:)

thanks guys x
Original post by xHSultanax

I just did my maths mocks and got 50% (grade 6) but i want so much higher! Ideally I'd want an 8 but im completely okay with a 7 at this point. I absolutely hate wordy questions and maths just seems to be full of them. Maths is the subject I'm currently doing worst at, but i want to do it for A-levels and now I feel like I'll just spend next year struggling with it. The annoying thing is I know how to use methods, I just can't identify what method to use. Its so frustrating to the extent its seriously demotivating me.

Maths is hard. I recommend going over your paper with a teacher and identifying your weak areas. Relearn all of your class notes, and do pracice questions in the textbook. Use the alevel ambitions as your motivation, just remember your GCSE knowledge has to be rock solid in order to succeed at AS, bjt you know that! Just get a revision guide and learn the content, remember your formulas and practice so much
Original post by keithhb
NEED motivation to study, Please

Think of how happy you wikk be when you get that A*. You could frame them and put them on your wall, make someone give you money for them, post it on instagram, whatever. Just think of how amazing it woukd be to be an ‘A* student!’ But to do that, you need to revise (do it in bed, it doesn't matter) do practice questions blah blah. Just put on some music now and do light work, then build your way upwards. Success tastes sweet x
Maths is hard. I recommend going over your paper with a teacher and identifying your weak areas. Relearn all of your class notes, and do pracice questions in the textbook. Use the alevel ambitions as your motivation, just remember your GCSE knowledge has to be rock solid in order to succeed at AS, bjt you know that! Just get a revision guide and learn the content, remember your formulas and practice so much

but my teacher is so patronising😭 tbf i don't really have a choice to not revise any more cause its March so i definitely will start (As soon as mocks are over)
thanks!
Reply 36
I think buying stationary and all the resources you need is so helpful and most definitely makes me want to study. I literally went shopping and bought a load off cue cards, pens, pencils, A3 paper. The works. And I just love stationary so it really urges me to work

Quick Reply

Latest