The Student Room Group

Will I get accepted to university

Some university required to have gcse science. I don’t have gcse science but I am redoing it. I will get my result after I apply to uni. Will the unis accept my application if I say I am redoing it.

Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by leobarry
Some university required to have gcse science. I don’t have gcse science but I am redoing it. I will get my result after I apply to uni. Will the unis accept my application if I say I am redoing it.

Thank you
Have you done any research on this as most universities require Maths & English GCSE at B or possibly C but not Science. Is this just something that a "friend" has told you.

Can you list some universities that require GCSE science as I've never come across any.
Reply 2
Original post by nutz99
Have you done any research on this as most universities require Maths & English GCSE at B or possibly C but not Science. Is this just something that a "friend" has told you.

Can you list some universities that require GCSE science as I've never come across any.

One of my friends he told me Nottingham university required when he applied for they required to have gcse science.
I did look at some uni and they didn’t require gcse science but I am thinking of redoing to make my gcse strong but if I redo it I will get my result after I apply for uni.
I'm looking at a biology based course and they don't require science GCSE at the uni I'm applying to
Reply 4
Original post by SamBrainless
I'm looking at a biology based course and they don't require science GCSE at the uni I'm applying to

Do you have gcse science
Do you have gcse science

No, I sadly don't
Reply 6
One of my friends he told me Nottingham university required when he applied for they required to have gcse science.
I did look at some uni and they didn’t require gcse science but I am thinking of redoing to make my gcse strong but if I redo it I will get my result after I apply for uni.
Yeah its usually a "friend told me this" which inevitably turns out to be completely untrue. Nottingham requirements are:

A levels: AAA (AAB if you have an A in computer science/computing)

(Please note, A level ICT or IT do not qualify for the lower entry requirements)

Required subjects: 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (B) or above

No Science GCSE required.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending