The Student Room Group

Will I still get accepted?

I just got an offer back and the entry is an A B B, they require me to get a B in crim, what if I get a C? What are the chances of them still accepting me
Sometimes universities do (however not very often from my understanding) put the grade down/accept you if you were to contact the university. However, normally, if you don't meet the requirements set within the conditions, you'll unlikely get a place.
(edited 4 months ago)
The last reply is untue. Most universities accept a dropped grade but it is dependent on others results. The figure I read a few years ago is 40% of students got accepted onto courses with 2 grades below their offer.
Reply 3
As above - possible, but not guaranteed.
Time to step-up and do some hard study - if you want this Uni badly enough you can get the grades required.
It's not really possible to say how likely it is - because it depends on the results of other candidates. If they have space, most unis will accept a dropped grade but if it's a strong year for their offer holders then you might be out of luck.
Original post by Yuvdagoat
I just got an offer back and the entry is an A B B, they require me to get a B in crim, what if I get a C? What are the chances of them still accepting me

Hi,

Congradulations on your offer!

Each university and each intake is slightly different. If you do not meet the grades come results day, you may be offered a place on the foundation year if there is one for the course. It is possible to be accepted with slightly lower grades but as mentioned in other posts, this can't be guaranteed.

If the course is open in clearing during/after results day it is possible the entry requirements will drop, and you can apply this way if the university declined your place due to lower grades.

I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming exams!

Rosie (Sheffield Hallam Rep)
(edited 4 months ago)
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi,

Congradulations on your offer!

Each university and each intake is slightly different. If you do not meet the grades come results day, you may be offered a place on the foundation year if there is one for the course. It is possible to be accepted with slightly lower grades but as mentioned in other posts, this can't be guaranteed.

If the course is open in clearing during/after results day it is possible the entry requirements will drop, and you can apply this way if the university declined your place due to lower grades.

Best of luck with your upcoming exams!

Rosie (Sheffield Hallam Rep)

The last sentence is incorrect. On results day universities have looked at applicants who havent met their grades and if they are going to accept lower grades in clearing they will have already accepted students with those grades. It isnt in a universities interest to have students in clearing unless they have to. They prefer to take students who have applied there as they are more likely to be committed and are guaranteed to take their place.

If somebody just misses their offer these are the first students to be considered and any student rejected on results day wont be accepted through clearing.
Yeah, you definitely won't be able to use clearing for the same course at the same uni. The uni get your results a couple of weeks ahead of you and will have had plenty of time to consider whether to accept you as a 'near miss'. It's not in anyone's interests to make you jump through the hoops of clearing.
Original post by Yuvdagoat

Hi,
Often your acceptance really does depend on the university and the demand of the course.
If you would like reassurance, the best thing to do would be to contact the university you've applied to and ask about the details of your offer.
Best of luck,
Meg 🙂
MA Popular Music Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending