The Student Room Group

Room 101 - The Pet Peeves of The Student Room

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bio 7

Also people who use advice and advice wrong. I have seen this countless times on this site.
Call them out on it. Myth busting is something TSR needs to do a lot more of.
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Pineapple on pizza clearly needs to happen.

Spoiler

By needs to happen i assume you mean needs to be banned. When my benevolent dictatorship comes to fruition, pineapple on pizza will be considered a war crime.
Original post by Tosspot
Oh last ones weren't my ideas, i was just commenting how I found how controversial and interesting they were funny.

Btw good luck with this room 101 idea, looks like it's going to be a mini project sized task by the end of this. Hopefully the debates make up for the work required.

Ok fair enough, and thank you for this - yes, I hope so haha.

Original post by 04MR17
Can we put the Relationships forum into Room 101.:teehee:

:wink:

Original post by clouddbubbles
this is gonna annoy a lot of people, but i find MHoC so so so cringey

it makes me want to quit the student room at times :laugh:

Haha, no comment... :smile:

ohhh, and in terms of other pet peeves?

my huge one is youtube...
the exploitation of fans,
the non existent talent of many of the creators,
the cringe

there are some absolutely wonderful creators on the platform but it’s a shame they are not recognised and it’s just the terrible ones :/

Well, I think this would be controversial because this depends on what you mean by exploitation - how do they exploit them? And do they not have talent, or do they have a different type of talent specific to Youtube (hence their success)? But fair enough, when videos are cringe it can be annoying (although there may be a market for that....?)

Original post by Bio 7
Yes! It seems like this site has just turned into nothing but relationship advice.

Also people who use advice and advise wrong. I have seen this countless times on this site.

For the first point, tell me about it haha. But yes, that second point is a good point, I will try to use it in the future.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
By needs to happen i assume you mean needs to be banned. When my benevolent dictatorship comes to fruition, pineapple on pizza will be considered a war crime.

Support
this is gonna annoy a lot of people, but i find MHoC so so so cringey

it makes me want to quit the student room at times :laugh:

I think a part of me inside broke in half seeing that :frown:
But yeah we can be a bit cringey sometimes.
No offence to 04 and The liberals (coalition partners) but personally the Libers have more common sense :tongue:
Original post by CountBrandenburg
I think a part of me inside broke in half seeing that :frown:
But yeah we can be a bit cringey sometimes.
No offence to 04 and The liberals (coalition partners) but personally the Libers have more common sense :tongue:

An MHoC member has escaped from the Wendy House: please return or force will be used.
Original post by Jacob E
An MHoC member has escaped from the Wendy House: please return or force will be used.

Eh I do pop up on D&CA, used to pop up occasionally in study help but I suppose you can’t currently use force to put me back there can you ?
For our second debate, as thought up by @Puddles the Monkey and then argued against by @Stiff Little Fingers should Pineapple on Pizza be locked up in Room 101? You have a week (until next Sunday) to decide!

Link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5257200
(edited 6 years ago)
For our third debate, as thought up by @Miss Maddie should the 280 Character Count on Twitter be locked up in Room 101? You have 11 days (until next Thursday, as I am on holiday this week and won't be able to update) to decide!

Link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5268666
(edited 6 years ago)
For our fourth debate, as thought up by @Andrew97 should Walking Whilst Looking At Your Phone be locked into Room 101? You have 10 days (until next Sunday) to decide!

Link: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5288274

Quick Reply

Latest