The Student Room Group

A Level Music Performance - Clarinet

Hey,
I would like Clarinet music recommendations that I can play for my A level exam. Preferably around grade 6/7 and I am open to Jazz/Blues and classical. I'm just a little confused about what music I can play hence my need for recommendations.
Original post by Deuterium1
Hey,
I would like Clarinet music recommendations that I can play for my A level exam. Preferably around grade 6/7 and I am open to Jazz/Blues and classical. I'm just a little confused about what music I can play hence my need for recommendations.

Hi,

Stanford Three Intermezzi is a really great piece, and the first two movements aren't too hard at all (maybe low grade 7 standard). I would definitely give them a look. Also, the second movement of Poulenc's Clarinet sonata - not technically difficult, but has plenty opportunity to show-off a little (musically speaking). Perhaps also look at the second movement of Mozart's Clarinet Concerto (though this is quite tiring, and long), and the first movement from Saint-Saen's Clarinet Sonata. Lastly, worth looking at the first movement of Finzi's 5 Bagatelles.

Depending on which board you are doing, you might have to do more than one piece. I did Edexcel, and I did two pieces, which were Brahms Clarinet Sonata (mvt 1) and Finzi 5 Bagatelles (mvt 5).

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending