The Student Room Group

Can I get into a Bmus course at uni??

I'm in y13 writing my UCAS applications and want to study music performance (classical cello) at university. I'm post grade 8 level but i have not competed in any competitions or really done anything outside of local orchestras (where i am principle) And school ensembles.

Do I stand a chance of getting in without any impressive competition wins or international courses/masterclasses?
No-one will care about competition wins, they will just care about your academic grades and your performance at audition.

Many young people do not enter competitions. Universities and conservatoires are aware that it is an expensive and time consuming thing to do and therefore don't want to disadvantage those from low income backgrounds or caring responsibilities.
I'm y13 and applying for BA Music. I'm working towards Grade 8, but may not have completed it before I start University. I'm still optimistic about getting offers or going through Clearing if necessary. From the looks of it, you'll have all you need to get offers from most of the universities out there.
Original post by Hamish MacLeod
I'm y13 and applying for BA Music. I'm working towards Grade 8, but may not have completed it before I start University. I'm still optimistic about getting offers or going through Clearing if necessary. From the looks of it, you'll have all you need to get offers from most of the universities out there.

Which Uni did u apply for BA Music?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending