The Student Room Group

French AS Help

Hi. I am doing AS CCEA French and am really lacking materials for revision. I have nothing really for grammar revision other than my notes and don't get me started on listenings. Does anyone have any useful links to worksheets other than duolingo for any of the five areas of french:
-Reading
-Writing
-Listening
-Speaking
-Grammar
A CGP revision guide, watching French movies and speaking with a French person. The more exposure to the language, the better. Also - keywords in each topic can save you - use past papers from old spec too - the spec changed but the language didn't.
Original post by Biggly
Hi. I am doing AS CCEA French and am really lacking materials for revision. I have nothing really for grammar revision other than my notes and don't get me started on listenings. Does anyone have any useful links to worksheets other than duolingo for any of the five areas of french:
-Reading
-Writing
-Listening
-Speaking
-Grammar

I'm doing AS French too (CCEA) and I do find it tough! However, my teacher always speaks in French and although I don't like it, it has honestly really improved my listening skills! Also, listening to French music/podcasts or watching YouTube videos in French helps too. For reading I would find a short French novel and try to read a chapter each day - note down all the words/phrases you don't recognise and make flashcards with the new vocab on - it works for me (I use Chegg Flashcards and Quizlet). In our school we have a French language assistant and we have scheduled classes with her where we talk about what we're studying in class (topics etc.) in French, which is really useful. As for grammar, the only way I can understand it is by going over the rules and doing grammar exercises to try example sentences. Finally writing - if you know your vocab and grammar, you're basically sorted! You just need to know how to structure an essay and understand what the title means and what you need to include (at least that's what I have to do). Also, doing translation exercises improves your translation skills and builds up your vocabulary. By no means am I a top student or fluent in the language - just sharing some personal tips I found useful. Hope this helps!
Reply 4
hi !
I am french and I recommand you to watch french youtubers ( if you like to read booktubers can be great because of the vocabulary that you will learn and they tend to articulate more an talk more slowly ), frenchh TV ( france tv plug )
If you want to start reading in french, start with young adult books ( or books that you have already read in english), blogs and news articles ( France24, le Figaro, le Monde,). And websites such as KONBINI and LES INROCKS ( music, art , culture for young people).
you can follow QUOTIDIEN on snapchat and youtube too (to improve your listening ) .
fan2.fr ( if you like fangirling about pop stars, most of the articles are fake but they are quite easy to read and that could be a good start )

Have you tried the app memorise ?

Please feel free to ask me questions ! I am sorry for my english by the way ( Iam a french spy on an english student website )

Bon courage pour la suite !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending