The Student Room Group

How to get a 9 in French GCSE

My teacher is moving me up to do the higher paper and I really love studying French at the moment. I was just wondering what will help me to achieve a 9 or at least a top grade. I’m not particularly bothered about spending huge amounts of my time on it but I would rather save it than waste it on things that won’t help me get a top grade. If you have any tips it would really help, thank you.
Original post by LucyAlexis
My teacher is moving me up to do the higher paper and I really love studying French at the moment. I was just wondering what will help me to achieve a 9 or at least a top grade. I’m not particularly bothered about spending huge amounts of my time on it but I would rather save it than waste it on things that won’t help me get a top grade. If you have any tips it would really help, thank you.

hi! I got a 9 in French GCSE and am currently in year 13 doing A Level French.
I recommend:

revise consistently little and often rather than cramming everything in one go

quizlet

memrise

past papers!!

listening to french music - Angele, Stromae etc.

watch tv in french e.g. change the language on Netflix and keep english subs

talk/ask your teachers about anything you are struggling with and for ways to make your writing and speaking more sophisticated/higher level - through grammar, or vocab etc.

hope these help and good luck!!
Reply 2
Original post by LucyAlexis

To be honest for languages I think u mainly need to pay attention in class, but if you would like smth a little extra i recommend kerboodle.
Original post by erin11
hi! I got a 9 in French GCSE and am currently in year 13 doing A Level French.
I recommend:

revise consistently little and often rather than cramming everything in one go

quizlet

memrise

past papers!!

listening to french music - Angele, Stromae etc.

watch tv in french e.g. change the language on Netflix and keep english subs

talk/ask your teachers about anything you are struggling with and for ways to make your writing and speaking more sophisticated/higher level - through grammar, or vocab etc.

hope these help and good luck!!

By revising consistently, do you mean stuff about tenses and vocab?
Original post by studyfor9s
By revising consistently, do you mean stuff about tenses and vocab?

yes - sorry I should make that a bit clearer!

Quick Reply

Latest