The Student Room Group

Online A Level Maths

Hello,

In order for me to be able to become eligible to apply for a Maths PGCE in September 2019 I am required to obtain an A Level Maths qualification. I am already at university and will be starting my third year of uni in September of this year... Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best online A Level Maths provider as there are just so many at different prices that offer different services.

Many thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by Squirrelzz92
Hello,

In order for me to be able to become eligible to apply for a Maths PGCE in September 2019 I am required to obtain an A Level Maths qualification. I am already at university and will be starting my third year of uni in September of this year... Can anyone point me in the right direction of the best online A Level Maths provider as there are just so many at different prices that offer different services.

Many thanks in advance!

Is ur uni course related to maths?

I think a combination of exam approved textbooks and exam solutions website is a good way to go. Then u can use tsr and youtube to troubleshoot.

Which exam board u planning to do?

Havent had any experience with online teaching services.
Original post by Shaanv
Is ur uni course related to maths?

I think a combination of exam approved textbooks and exam solutions website is a good way to go. Then u can use tsr and youtube to troubleshoot.

Which exam board u planning to do?

Havent had any experience with online teaching services.

I have no idea about which exam board...the only information I have found from online providers is that the exams are in May/June every year and can be taken at thousands of approved centres.All of the providers offer the services you mention, practice exam papers, 24/7 tutor support etc. It would just be nice to purchase one that has a great reputation :smile:
I have no idea about which exam board...the only information I have found from online providers is that the exams are in May/June every year and can be taken at thousands of approved centres.All of the providers offer the services you mention, practice exam papers, 24/7 tutor support etc. It would just be nice to purchase one that has a great reputation :smile:

Your best bet is probably the National Extension College, as it's been around as a registered charity for 50 years and was set up as an offshoot of the Open University, so it had the backing of a government body. Their page on A-Level Maths can be found at https://www.nec.ac.uk/courses/maths-a-level
Hello,

Many thanks in advance!

I've done online A-Level Maths, I wouldn't bother with any online provider as they all are as bad as each other just wanting profits with terrible content, note they gave me a refund and told me to never speak of it again in a twisted way as a lot of their content was wrong... just do A-Level Edexcel and get textbooks and use math forum on TSR when stuck/youtube videos such as exam solutions or khan academy.
Original post by ckfeister
I've done online A-Level Maths, I wouldn't bother with any online provider as they all are as bad as each other just wanting profits with terrible content, note they gave me a refund and told me to never speak of it again in a twisted way as a lot of their content was wrong... just do A-Level Edexcel and get textbooks and use math forum on TSR when stuck/youtube videos such as exam solutions or khan academy.

NEC (as I mentioned in my post above) is a registered charity, so has no profit motive etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Prasiortle
NEC (as I mentioned in my post above) is a registered charity, so has no profit motive etc.

Oh, didn't know that.
Hello,

Many thanks in advance!

Hi,
Other posters are right. NEC are a not-for-profit. But more than that, we can offer the simplest solution with an online A level Maths course to cover all the knowledge required, and exam centres to guarantee a venue. And you can pay in instalments.
We're also talking about STEM in this month's blog, "who are the science and technology stars of tomorrow?"
Have a nice weekend.
Daniel

Quick Reply

Latest