The Student Room Group

Eduqas wjec a level religious studies

Is anyone else concerned that the Ethics textbook isn't out until end of March??? Any tips on how I can possible not completely flop????

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by anon73645
Is anyone else concerned that the Ethics textbook isn't out until end of March??? Any tips on how I can possible not completely flop????

I am mainly struggling with revising Christianity as there is so much to learn !!
Reply 2
Original post by esbxo
I am mainly struggling with revising Christianity as there is so much to learn !!

What's your revision technique? Literally no clue what i'm even doing at this point -_-
Reply 3
I have been doing mindmaps but I feel as though they don’t work for christianity because nothing is going in !!
Reply 4
Original post by esbxo
I have been doing mindmaps but I feel as though they don’t work for christianity because nothing is going in !!

tbh i gave up on mindmaps recently because theyre really time consuming for me. christianity a2 is especially hard...the content is drowning me :frown:
Reply 5
my rs teachers have been trying to find stuff online to try and help us and even they are struggling .. everyone is in the same boat
Reply 6
Original post by esbxo
my rs teachers have been trying to find stuff online to try and help us and even they are struggling .. everyone is in the same boat

exactly...the grade boundaries will probably drop quite a bit because we dont have the textbook etc. so im just trying not to worry. its not in the best intrest of the board to give us super hard questions because then the results will be worse.
Reply 7
It’s just a complete mess, like the ethics textbook hasn’t been released yet, teachers are clueless to how to mark essays ((we looked at an AO1 question from the exam board and it was a paragraph and they gave it 20/20)) then the content is so big .. it’s just so much to take in with only two years of learning it
Reply 8
Original post by esbxo
It’s just a complete mess, like the ethics textbook hasn’t been released yet, teachers are clueless to how to mark essays ((we looked at an AO1 question from the exam board and it was a paragraph and they gave it 20/20)) then the content is so big .. it’s just so much to take in with only two years of learning it

To be honest its just not good enough. For that much content and that little resources - its a joke. I'm just going to do essay questions and hope it works - if not i hope they will drop the grade boundaries drastically.
Reply 9
Yeah we are all hoping for the grade boundaries to be dropped. One of my teachers even told me that the exam board produced two more extra philosophy topics but so many people have complained saying it’s not fair making content so late in the year that they are refusing to teach it
Reply 10
Original post by esbxo
Yeah we are all hoping for the grade boundaries to be dropped. One of my teachers even told me that the exam board produced two more extra philosophy topics but so many people have complained saying it’s not fair making content so late in the year that they are refusing to teach it

Wait what?!?! I havent heard about that!!!
Reply 11
Yeah they were speaking about it and so many people complained saying how unfair it would be
Reply 12
Original post by esbxo
Yeah they were speaking about it and so many people complained saying how unfair it would be

What are the topics?
Reply 13
not sure but I think it might be put forward next year or something
Has anyone got an update on anything to do with the sorts of things that may come up? the christianity paper is on tuesday and i am literally losing my mind over this course. a teacher gave me all the potential questions that may come up but it all seems like its too much?
Hi Ash,Fished here, don't stress about it you seem like a very bright young lad and I'm sure you'll do great.And make sure you revise that ecumenical movement!
honestly what im doing at the minute is (1) Planning brief essays, (2) solidifying my knowledge on every topic so if worst comes to worst i can at least ramble about something, (3) also going into mad detail on a fair few topics, and (4) just revising a ton of quotes, bible quotes/areas (i.e. Judges 19 - The Levite and his Concubine, Joshua 6 - falling of the walls of Jericho, of course i know specific Bible quotes but i cbf).

For the most part i think that the example questions and AS questions might not come up, they still easily could but who actually knows

Its an absolute joke honestly but we just gotta ride it out, good luck lads
Original post by LowryLong
honestly what im doing at the minute is (1) Planning brief essays, (2) solidifying my knowledge on every topic so if worst comes to worst i can at least ramble about something, (3) also going into mad detail on a fair few topics, and (4) just revising a ton of quotes, bible quotes/areas (i.e. Judges 19 - The Levite and his Concubine, Joshua 6 - falling of the walls of Jericho, of course i know specific Bible quotes but i cbf).

For the most part i think that the example questions and AS questions might not come up, they still easily could but who actually knows

Its an absolute joke honestly but we just gotta ride it out, good luck lads

Yeah cheers man you too, it's just such an insane amount of content and it's blowing my mind I know so little of the course that it's so odd
this subject is literally ruining my life and is the reason i won't meet my offer.
Does anyone else think the liberation theology section in the text book is so confusing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending