The Student Room Group

Any ideas for a persuasive essay

So next year I’m doing nat 5 English and I want some interesting persuasive essay ideas so it would really help if u could write down ideas thanks
Well, I'd try to go for a topic that you find interesting.
For example, I selected Social Media as it was something I was interested in finding out more about. Others chose Crime in the UK, Drinking - or other examples.
So, I'd suggest possible options of local issues or hobbies that you can use.
As long as you are interested in the topic - you are less likely to lose focus and give up the essay :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by WestDragon
Well, I'd try to go for a topic that you find interesting.
For example, I selected Social Media as it was something I was interested in finding out more about. Others chose Crime in the UK, Drinking - or other examples.
So, I'd suggest possible options of local issues or hobbies that you can use.
As long as you are interested in the topic - you are less likely to lose focus and give up the essay :smile:

Last year I wrote about “is social media taking over the world” I really enjoyed it but I didn’t have good backups so I was wondering if you could send me a website that helped you in your essay p.s what was the title of your social media essay?
Original post by Ayaa929
Last year I wrote about “is social media taking over the world” I really enjoyed it but I didn’t have good backups so I was wondering if you could send me a website that helped you in your essay p.s what was the title of your social media essay?

I didn't really have a title for the essay, I simply put "Social Media" at the top. My essay focused on the costs and benefits of Social Media and it's effect on teenagers, my sources were simply links to help prove my points.
Reply 4
Original post by WestDragon
I didn't really have a title for the essay, I simply put "Social Media" at the top. My essay focused on the costs and benefits of Social Media and it's effect on teenagers, my sources were simply links to help prove my points.

Alright and what was your grade at the end did u pass?
The SQA don’t like overdone topics like euthanasia, the death penalty or abortion so I’d stay away from those, only do something like that if you really care about it. It doesn’t have to be a big world issue at all, in fact some of the best ones have been about local issues. Some one I knew did theirs about their bus service being cancelled which they were really passionate about! Don’t do something you couldn’t care less about because you’re not going to write passionately about something you aren’t interested in - if you write about something you like, you’ll actually enjoy it more! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ellie1964
The SQA don’t like overdone topics like euthanasia, the death penalty or abortion so I’d stay away from those, only do something like that if you really care about it. It doesn’t have to be a big world issue at all, in fact some of the best ones have been about local issues. Some one I knew did theirs about their bus service being cancelled which they were really passionate about! Don’t do something you couldn’t care less about because you’re not going to write passionately about something you aren’t interested in - if you write about something you like, you’ll actually enjoy it more! :smile:

Thanks a lot about that. The thing is, i don’t know what I’m passionate about like I really have no clue what to write about that’s why I want ideas and then turn them in my own way of how I would enjoy writing it but I just need ideas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending