The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

St Aidan's (Durham) offer holders 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Camburke
Oh you're the same as me! I'd love to talk to you more if you're interested.

Did anyone actually chose Aidans?

Yeah I’d love to talk! It’d be great to know someone there before starting!!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Ahahahhaha Im glad you said yeah, that could've been embarrassing! Should I message you on this?
Ahahahhaha Im glad you said yeah, that could've been embarrassing! Should I message you on this?

Just DM me on Instagram!! I think you’ve just followed me xx
Has anyone got into Van Mildert college?
Hi, just thought I'd drop in here. I am hopefully studying psychology this year and have been allocated to Aidans. I have visited it recently and I love it!
Oh you're the same as me! I'd love to talk to you more if you're interested.

Did anyone actually chose Aidans?

I am doing Psychology as well and have been allocated to St Aidans!

Pretty annoyed though bc I really wanted self-catered and an ensuite single room, now getting the exact opposite of that
Original post by immy1140
Has anyone got into Van Mildert college?

Hi I recently got an offer from Van Mildert college.

Are you allocated there as well?
Original post by basicmacaroon
Hi, just thought I'd drop in here. I am hopefully studying psychology this year and have been allocated to Aidans. I have visited it recently and I love it!

Maybe we should all make a group chat or something I know other universities do it just to know people on your course or in your college so it’s easier when you start aha
Original post by Beth.rennard
Maybe we should all make a group chat or something I know other universities do it just to know people on your course or in your college so it’s easier when you start aha

We could do I guess. I'd like to get to know people before I start.
Reply 29

Sure, what on though?
Sure, what on though?

Anything like snapchat, instagram
Hi, I also got allocated to St Aidan’s but for English Language and Literature :smile: I originally applied to Josephine Butler as I wanted self-catering so I’m not sure about Aidan’s, although all of the students I’ve come across seem to love it.
Reply 32
Original post by logasi
I chose John snow and got allocated to St. Aidens. Does anyone know if it's possible to change colleges?

You can only change college on medical grounds.
Since the college applications were given out today, I thought I'd see who else will be in St Aidan's with me for the next 3 years. That is, if I actually meet my conditions.

Let me know what subject you're doing. I'm doing Psychology, and it'd be lovely to find someone potentially on my course.

Couple months late to the party haha but eyup everyone, Ive just firmed Durham at St Aidan’s, and am studying Psychology :smile: (i actually chose Aidans though hahah)
Original post by Ozzyjoeg
Couple months late to the party haha but eyup everyone, Ive just firmed Durham at St Aidan’s, and am studying Psychology :smile: (i actually chose Aidans though hahah)

There’s an app called campus society and there’s a durham group chat as welll as ones specific to subjects if anyone wanted to see people they would be studying with, it’s good to see what everyone is like!
There’s an app called campus society and there’s a durham group chat as welll as ones specific to subjects if anyone wanted to see people they would be studying with, it’s good to see what everyone is like!

Ah mad okay ill join it in a sec, cheers:smile:
Reply 36

There's also the ones in the Freshers Facebook group run by Durfess :smile:
Watch out for the fake ones - there's a lot that are open to anybody and get filled with scams and spam.
Original post by deriik
I'm an international student offered Law in Durham, and I got allocated St. Aidan's (because I didn't know we had to pick a college during the UCAS applications :tongue:)

I’m an international student too
Can I ask where are you come from?
Hi guys! Since A-Level results day has come and gone I'd like to (hopefully) congratulate you on getting your place at St Aidan's!
I'm going into my third year (NatSci Maths and Bio) at Aidan's and can answer any questions if you have them - I remember the whole process vividly!
I originally applied to Collingwood on my application and was allocated to St Aidan's. I was initially disappointed because i wanted a single room and an en suite, but after visiting Aidan's for the post offer day I realised it was the first university accomodation I had seen anywhere that I could actually see myself living in - I even ended up sharing a room and trust me it's not that bad!
Everyone at St Aidan's is lovely and the college really is amazing, I would love to answer any questions you may have!
Xx
Original post by phoebeg76
Hi guys! Since A-Level results day has come and gone I'd like to (hopefully) congratulate you on getting your place at St Aidan's!
I'm going into my third year (NatSci Maths and Bio) at Aidan's and can answer any questions if you have them - I remember the whole process vividly!
I originally applied to Collingwood on my application and was allocated to St Aidan's. I was initially disappointed because i wanted a single room and an en suite, but after visiting Aidan's for the post offer day I realised it was the first university accomodation I had seen anywhere that I could actually see myself living in - I even ended up sharing a room and trust me it's not that bad!
Everyone at St Aidan's is lovely and the college really is amazing, I would love to answer any questions you may have!
Xx

Hey! I have a few questions I hope you can answer:
- Do the rooms come with bedsheets/duvets/pillows?
- Is there an elevator in the building and is it hard to get up the hill w/ luggage?
- How many people share a bathroom and a kitchen?
- Are the bathrooms dirty and do we need to bring our own toilet paper?
- Do you know if people bring computer monitors and/or game?
- Are there hobs and fridges provided in the kitchens?

Sorry, I know this list is quite long :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest