The Student Room Group

PRE U psychology

The Pre u psychology exam is tomorrow !! anyone have any tips on what topic is going to come up for section B?????
Did you answer prison simulation or eye witness?
Reply 2
Original post by PsychKid1
Did you answer prison simulation or eye witness?
I did eye witness..... what about you?? also how did you find the questions?
Original post by engpsygeog
I did eye witness..... what about you?? also how did you find the questions?

I did prison simulation. Yeah I thought it was a really nice paper
Reply 4
Original post by PsychKid1
I did prison simulation. Yeah I thought it was a really nice paper

What options do you do for paper 3?
Did PrisonI didnt like the Rosenhan and the Bartholomew and Horowitz question. Idk if I have done eough detail to get 2 marks :/ i hope theyre not too harsh
What options do you do for paper 3?

Crime and health
Reply 7
Original post by scottsteve
Did PrisonI didnt like the Rosenhan and the Bartholomew and Horowitz question. Idk if I have done eough detail to get 2 marks :/ i hope theyre not too harsh

How are you feeling about tomorrow?? Also what options are you doing for paper 3? .....
How are you feeling about tomorrow?? Also what options are you doing for paper 3? .....

for a component 2 paper, i didnt think it was too bad. i couldnt think of any examples so ill get 0 for the application of biological approach.

also, psych of crime and psych of abnormality
Reply 9
for a component 2 paper, i didnt think it was too bad. i couldnt think of any examples so ill get 0 for the application of biological approach.

also, psych of crime and psych of abnormality

I struggled with the strengths of determinism..... I just spoke about applications ect. We do crime and health, there is so much content in paper 3 how are you feeling about it??
I struggled with the strengths of determinism..... I just spoke about applications ect. We do crime and health, there is so much content in paper 3 how are you feeling about it??

so my teacher said there are very few schools who do the pre u in psych (like 2 others max) one of which is a private school lmao

Section C will probably be hard for me personally. Otherwise its just memorising a crap tonne of content. wbu?
Reply 11
so my teacher said there are very few schools who do the pre u in psych (like 2 others max) one of which is a private school lmao

Section C will probably be hard for me personally. Otherwise its just memorising a crap tonne of content. wbu?

Yeah im the same - so much to remember!! I have never heard of any other school doing the pre - u psychology and there are about 13 of us from my school doing it... What grade are you hoping to get?
Yeah im the same - so much to remember!! I have never heard of any other school doing the pre - u psychology and there are about 13 of us from my school doing it... What grade are you hoping to get?

such few people do it!

I'd need a D2 for bath but yeah. wbu? I don't know how well my coursework went. I went over the word count so I've lost 6 marks already. I did mine on whether boys were smarter than girls in maths. what did u do yours on?
Reply 13
such few people do it!

I'd need a D2 for bath but yeah. wbu? I don't know how well my coursework went. I went over the word count so I've lost 6 marks already. I did mine on whether boys were smarter than girls in maths. what did u do yours on?

D3 hopefully for durham... This is the first year my school have done the pre u psychology so its kinda hard to tell how we are all going to do. I did my course work on whether we recall infomation better when it is read to us or when we read it, and then spoke about how this is could be usefull when Drs are giving advise to patients ect...
How did people find it? I thought the abnormality questions were beatiful
Reply 15
How did people find it? I thought the abnormality questions were beatiful

We don’t do abnormality we do health... What did you think of crime?
We don’t do abnormality we do health... What did you think of crime?

i hated that last question. didnt know what on earth to write so wrote some **** about eyesnecks personality inventory in interview for excitment and open questions for motivation. the b interrogation/false confession question was a bit weird but yeah. how did u find it
Reply 17
Yeah the interview was a hard one... i said they would be asked questions and the CIT would be used to get detailed information about the crime scene but yeah i didnt like that. I didnt like the false confession one either i just spoke about Russano but i dont know it thats right?! I did Kassin and Sommers for the long question - what did you do ?
Yeah the interview was a hard one... i said they would be asked questions and the CIT would be used to get detailed information about the crime scene but yeah i didnt like that. I didnt like the false confession one either i just spoke about Russano but i dont know it thats right?! I did Kassin and Sommers for the long question - what did you do ?

oh crap i cant believe i forgot the congitive interview. crap. oh well. :/

yeah i reworded russano essentially. I had to evaulate kassin and sommers on the spot to be honest. but yeah hopefully. it went okay. Grade boundaries look really high to be honest :frown:

I dont know how generous they are with the marking ( my teacher said such few people do it that there are like 2 markers)
Reply 19
oh crap i cant believe i forgot the congitive interview. crap. oh well. :/

yeah i reworded russano essentially. I had to evaulate kassin and sommers on the spot to be honest. but yeah hopefully. it went okay. Grade boundaries look really high to be honest :frown:

I dont know how generous they are with the marking ( my teacher said such few people do it that there are like 2 markers)

I do not understand why the grade boundaries are so high, especially when there is so much to remember! 2 markers omg....!!!! We are the only school doing the 'health' section as well...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending