The Student Room Group

Internships During MSc

Hey all,

how common is it for students to do internships during a one year masters program in the UK? (During the third semester maybe, when you are working on your dissertation?)

(I have been accepted into a couple of MSc MathFin programs)

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Original post by francisneumann
Hey all,

how common is it for students to do internships during a one year masters program in the UK? (During the third semester maybe, when you are working on your dissertation?)

Not impossible, but not common, the workload is too intense. If you've got a June July submission date then an Aug/Sep internship works, but Christmas and Easter are generally impossible and it's a very great risk to take with the dissertation.
Hey all,

UCL Encourages one-term internships, at least for the course that I have been accepted onto (MSc in the pol. science school), I don't see why it would be different for other universities/courses.
Original post by policypost
UCL Encourages one-term internships, at least for the course that I have been accepted onto (MSc in the pol. science school), I don't see why it would be different for other universities/courses.

Will you also be studying your programs modules during that semester or is it an internship only semester?
Will you also be studying your programs modules during that semester or is it an internship only semester?

It is not an internship only semester, and it is not a requirement. The way you choose modules means that you are left with slightly more time in one term than the
other, and they say you should (obviously) do the internship in the term you have more time in. Hope that helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending