The Student Room Group

anyone need help for English Lit?

i’m aiming for high ish grades, and i saw someone say this helps them revise :smile: thought i’d try it, so lemme know if you need any help and i’ll try x
How are you revising
I’m doing a Christmas Carol Macbeth inspector calls and power and conflict poetry
Original post by anonoymous24
i’m aiming for high ish grades, and i saw someone say this helps them revise :smile: thought i’d try it, so lemme know if you need any help and i’ll try x

u got any revision notes for macbeth and jekyll and hyde ??
Original post by Gurdeepthelegend
How are you revising
I’m doing a Christmas Carol Macbeth inspector calls and power and conflict poetry

Well, for poetry i’ve written out which poems can compare, for example if the question was ‘how do poets present feelings of anger in London and one other poem’, i wrote about how i could compare Checking Out Me History to London. Then, i read my notes and with a whiteboard any time i’m free, i write how they compare from memory. It is very helpful.

I don’t do Jekyll and Hyde, but for Macbeth, i have a notepad and write most themes and have analysis for each main character. I include at least 3 quotations for each. So for example,

Macbeth:
‘be innocent of the knowledge, dearest chuck’
‘I have done the deed’
‘vaulting ambition which o’erleaps itself’

Banquo:
‘there’s husbandry in heaven’
‘why do you start, and seem to fear things that do seem so fair’
‘you should be women, but your beards forbid me to interperet’
These are from memory so may be a bit wrong. However, if you have at least 3 quotes for each (i recommend looking at example essays, even if they’re A level responses) you should be good
Original post by gcsestudent1118
u got any revision notes for macbeth and jekyll and hyde ??

What Macbeth parts do you need notes on? Is it quotations or analysis
Original post by anonoymous24
What Macbeth parts do you need notes on? Is it quotations or analysis

both of them, like quotes and analysis, and quotes specific for each theme and event with contextual reference, and character development.

Quick Reply

Latest