The Student Room Group

Do year 10 real mocks really matter + should i revise?

weve just been told we have mocks for year 10. this is the real mocks. should i be worried about it? will what i get on these mocks effect what my predicted grades are for in year 11? has any year 10 started revising now?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sadasdasfsfafg
weve just been told we have mocks for year 10. this is the real mocks. should i be worried about it? will what i get on these mocks effect what my predicted grades are for in year 11? has any year 10 started revising now?

They'll probably be used to decide your predicted grades but your teachers will probably take other things into account too. I'd do a bit of a revision - maybe a couple of hours a week?
Reply 2
I would 100% revise for them. Although they won’t count as any part of your gcse they give you an idea of where your heading. However don’t be worried for them because you have so much time till the real exams; just make sure you get revising early fo the actual exams. You’ll do mocks in year 11 aswell and you should definitely revise for those.
revise for what gcses u have this year
dont do anything for the rest just r e l a x bc ur gonna regret stressing out
my school just upped our predicted grades in y11 (we didn't do any gcses in y10)
Reply 4
Revise for them but don't overdo it.
a week before should do it I'd say , but enjoy yourself pls , next year for GCSE revise an hour a night everyday accept Fridays until April then step it up to three

but honestly pls.just enjoy yourself as much as you can with friends fsmilly whatever its my biggest regret is taking exams too seriously , now I'm where I wanted to he but My social life really took a hit
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Start making notes early and do light revising (a few hours per week, or about 20/30 mins per subject on top of homework) -- but don't do nothing at all. It saves on so much stress later on.

Even 5 minutes a day is infinitely better than nothing.
Reply 7
They don’t even matter like literally they don’t GCSEs only matter from Easter half term in year eleven.I promise

In my school they dictated whether you'd be doing higher or foundation in maths,i'd advise you to revise for maths.

At my school, we had exams every year, at December and Summer from yr 7-10, then in yr 11 we had our real mocks and then of course are actual exams now. Because I revised and made notes for my Year 10 Summer exams, I was WAY more prepared for my mocks!
You don't need to overwork it, but you should think of using this oppurtunity to practice for your real mocks, which will matter because they will determine where you go to next.
Revising is honestly the best thing to do at this time, and please for the summer holidays, get all your notes done because that was the mistake I did!
Reply 10
I wouldn’t worry about them at all but I think revising fit them is helpful especially if you make a few revision resources because you’ll familiarise yourself with the info so revision in year 11 is just a little bit easier. Also year 11 hoes so fast that it’ll be nice to already have some revision resources made. Don’t stress over them but do revise a moderate amount
Reply 11

Yes but only revise reasonably. Do a fair amount and remember in Year 10, you have TIME! Make your notes as pretty as you want/need them to be and please remember to reward yourself as much as possible. If you can revise all the key things you will love yourself in Year 11. Literally, just understanding the storyline for each novella/play is so so helpful for your essays because 12 marks are awarded for how well you know your books. So literally, make the most of revision but also have loads and loads of fun! Exams will always be here but don't think back to 2018 and think all I did was revise. Hope I helped x
I'd say it's never too early to begin. It's better to have spare time than to panic at the end, imho.
This blog has some nice tips on how to create a revision timetable, so it may help! https://www.kent-teach.com/Blog/post/2018/05/02/how-to-create-a-revision-timetable-to-maximise-learning.aspx
all of my predicted grades ar 8s and 9s, not much they can up there
Original post by HALLEitzMeSam
revise for what gcses u have this year
dont do anything for the rest just r e l a x bc ur gonna regret stressing out
my school just upped our predicted grades in y11 (we didn't do any gcses in y10)
Original post by TopSurgeon21Cent
all of my predicted grades ar 8s and 9s, not much they can up there

then jus chillax
unless ur skl lowers predicteds
I am gonna revise for my mocks as well, need to ace them, was always gifted and talented, ("near genius"), but my brain is not a sponge to learn words, it is for understanding
Original post by HALLEitzMeSam
then jus chillax
unless ur skl lowers predicteds
Original post by TopSurgeon21Cent
I am gonna revise for my mocks as well, need to ace them, was always gifted and talented, ("near genius":wink:, but my brain is not a sponge to learn words, it is for understanding

alright einstein i wish u luck
You should revise for them but not too much at this point. You just need to get into the habit of doing revision, and gradually increase the amount you do as GCSEs get closer. Make the most of your free time though; I didn’t have a great year 10 and I’ve screwed myself over by revising a few days or the day before my GCSEs (I’m in year 11). Avoid what I’ve been doing at all costs
You don't have to and they won't impact your final grade, but I would reccommend revising a decent amount so that you get into the revising mood and are better prepared for when final exams happen
Reply 19

Revise a lot to get good predicted grades for ur colleges. Tbh I stopped revising in year 9 and im doing my GCSEs now sigh... for overall gcse revision the latest u can leave it is xmas so u can chill quite a lot

Quick Reply

Latest