The Student Room Group

Last minute exam panic

ARGGHHGHHGH!!!!

So my exams start on Monday (A-level psych paper 1 being the first) and I genuinely believe deep down that I know more than I think.

HOWEVER

At times when I try to randomly recall information e.g psychologists, sociologists, english quotes etc I find myself going blank!! Now with less than a week until my first exam I'm having a meltdown and is attempting to relearn practically all of my A-level's which is near to impossible...

Does ANYONE have any last minute tips that I can use to just go over all content for each three A-Levels at least once so I feel more confident that I will be fine and will ace my exams???

P.S. I need 'ABB' to get into my firm uni to do law- this is also a contributing factor to my meltdown :smile:

Many Thanks x
type up notes.
Reply 2
Original post by BTAnonymous
type up notes.

I've tried before but I tend to avoid just doing key words and points and instead type up the whole textbook!... unless you have a technique that you follow that works, im more than open to suggestions :smile:
Original post by candsss_
I've tried before but I tend to avoid just doing key words and points and instead type up the whole textbook!... unless you have a technique that you follow that works, im more than open to suggestions :smile:

not really. if I'm cramming I'll just type up bullet points (it is more tempting to write more so you need to discipline yourself).

probably doing a mindmap on the key topics per module/unit would be good to get the core content down.

and use the specification as a guide
Reply 4
not really. if I'm cramming I'll just type up bullet points (it is more tempting to write more so you need to discipline yourself).

probably doing a mindmap on the key topics per module/unit would be good to get the core content down.

and use the specification as a guide

This is actually really helpful, thank you so much!
write them don't type them!!!! typing is much more passive and less will go in!!!! try little summary cards, that way, you're reading everything but condensing it too - mentally marking down which is more important, highlight studies and names in one colour, key words in another.

Also, with evaluation points, mine basically go:
"A strength of ... is ... [Explain strength]. This is a strength because ..."
Original post by libertykamp
write them don't type them!!!! typing is much more passive and less will go in!!!! try little summary cards, that way, you're reading everything but condensing it too - mentally marking down which is more important, highlight studies and names in one colour, key words in another.

op doesn't have time to write up a whole a level.
Reply 7
Original post by libertykamp

Ooohh that makes sense! I should try that, thank you!
Reply 8
op doesn't have time to write up a whole a level.

True also, right now, im all for the fastest way- maybe i can combine typing and highighting
Make a song
You can't go wrong
It won't take long
Maybe use some bongos
Make your band logo
Have a guitar solo
Notes are a no-go
If you want to get back you mojo
So you can pass your exams Go Go!

Ok. I know that was awful
But if you don't follow my advice
On results day when you open your mail
You will find that you fail
Reply 10
Original post by Baza2002
Make a song
You can't go wrong
It won't take long
Maybe use some bongos
Make your band logo
Have a guitar solo
Notes are a no-go

Love that! :smile:
Original post by Baza2002
Make a song
You can't go wrong
It won't take long
Maybe use some bongos
Make your band logo
Have a guitar solo
Notes are a no-go

DAMN, sick lyrics there buddy.
I usually type up the notes (MAKE SURE THEY ARE CONCISE NOTES) then I print them out and highlight KEY information. This will usually give you enough to pass.

But if you have more time than you expect:
* Watch YouTube videos on what you do not understand fully
* Create flashcards on Quizlet
* Plan/write essays - planning is more efficient in a time crunch
* Make mindmaps of the notes after typing

Quick Reply

Latest