The Student Room Group

Edexcell GCSE History 2018, June 8th and 4th Discussion

How did everyone find paper 1 and paper 2?
I found that both papers went pretty well but the questions for cold war were a bit evil

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muaaz01
How did everyone find paper 1 and paper 2?
I found that both papers went pretty well but the questions for cold war were a bit evil

2 consequences of the fall of the Berlin Wall..?

Spoiler

Reply 2
Original post by JoeyTanaka
2 consequences of the fall of the Berlin Wall..?

Spoiler

Ahah that question was 100% waffle:biggrin:
Original post by Muaaz01
Ahah that question was 100% waffle:biggrin:

I know! I just put some rubbish about families being reunited and how great it was...

I did find some of the Henry VIII questions difficult though. Did you do Henry or Elizabeth?
Reply 4
I know! I just put some rubbish about families being reunited and how great it was...

I did find some of the Henry VIII questions difficult though. Did you do Henry or Elizabeth?

My first point was basically about how split families were reunited as one as the physical barrier was removed and how Germany was reunited as one with no east or west. My second point was about the literal and metaphorical collapse of the soviet union.
Na I do Elizabeth
Original post by Muaaz01
My first point was basically about how split families were reunited as one as the physical barrier was removed and how Germany was reunited as one with no east or west. My second point was about the literal and metaphorical collapse of the soviet union.
Na I do Elizabeth

Cool, we got similar answers for that one!

I don't get why our school chose to do Henry VIII. There is hardly any information that we could find & we only spent about two months doing it. We only get two lessons a week of History so it isn't much.

How did you find your tudor questions?
Reply 6
Cool, we got similar answers for that one!

I don't get why our school chose to do Henry VIII. There is hardly any information that we could find & we only spent about two months doing it. We only get two lessons a week of History so it isn't much.

How did you find your Tudor questions?

We get 3 one week and two on the other so pretty annoying. Elizabeth was actually pretty good ngl the questions were quite simple but I kind of rushed the last agree or disagree question(still got it done)
How were the Henry questions ?
Original post by Muaaz01
We get 3 one week and two on the other so pretty annoying. Elizabeth was actually pretty good ngl the questions were quite simple but I kind of rushed the last agree or disagree question(still got it done)
How were the Henry questions ?

Okay, so still not that many lessons then? Sounds frustrating.

The describe question was nice, I revised the topic of the 12 marker moments beforehand so that was lucky, but the 16 marker... I'm just going to pretend that never happened.

I realised I never asked; how was the rest of the cold war for you?
Consequences of the Berlin Wall: Absolute waffle
Bay of pigs/Brushnev/Atomic Bomb: Absolute waffle
Write a narrative account of: Bwahahaha waffle.
Elizabeth questions: Beautiful. I wanted to kiss the feet of Edexcel.
Reply 9
Original post by theggbydealy
Consequences of the Berlin Wall: Absolute waffle
Bay of pigs/Brushnev/Atomic Bomb: Absolute waffle
Write a narrative account of: Bwahahaha waffle.
Elizabeth questions: Beautiful. I wanted to kiss the feet of Edexcel.

Ahah Elizabeth was a blessing from the pope
yeah the cold war question was W A N K. just talked about families being reunited ans how it was a symbolism of peace. complete bs :wink:
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 11
Okay, so still not that many lessons then? Sounds frustrating.

The describe question was nice, I revised the topic of the 12 marker moments beforehand so that was lucky, but the 16 marker... I'm just going to pretend that never happened.

I realized I never asked; how was the rest of the cold war for you?

The narrative went pretty well cause you can talk about soooooo much like Helsinki and SALT 1 and 2 and Afghanistan. For importance, I did the atomic bomb which went pretty well and the bay of pigs which involved a bit of waffling for the second point:s-smilie: overall cold war went well. Wbu???
Original post by Muaaz01
The narrative went pretty well cause you can talk about soooooo much like Helsinki and SALT 1 and 2 and Afghanistan. For importance, I did the atomic bomb which went pretty well and the bay of pigs which involved a bit of waffling for the second point:s-smilie: overall cold war went well. Wbu???

I thoroughly loved the cold war section. I enjoyed the narrative (As long as I remembered the correct information...) and the importance questions were all great for me.

Hopefully Tuesday's paper will be okay. What topic are you doing?
Reply 13
I thoroughly loved the cold war section. I enjoyed the narrative (As long as I remembered the correct information...) and the importance questions were all great for me.

Hopefully Tuesday's paper will be okay. What topic are you doing?

Ah, that's good. I'm doing Germany:frown: wbu?
Original post by Muaaz01
Ah, that's good. I'm doing Germany:frown: wbu?

Germany for me too.

Doing a massive revision session on Weimar culture tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll be nice!
Reply 15
Germany for me too.

Doing a massive revision session on Weimar culture tomorrow. Hopefully, they'll be nice!

I hope so! the good thing about paper 3 is that it requires minimum own knowledge and it mostly revolves around sources so that's good. it justs really content heavy though.
what were the elizabeth questions??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 17
Original post by theggbydealy
Consequences of the Berlin Wall: Absolute waffleBay of pigs/Brushnev/Atomic Bomb: Absolute waffleWrite a narrative account of: Bwahahaha waffle.Elizabeth questions: Beautiful. I wanted to kiss the feet of Edexcel.
Could you please tell me the Elizabeth questions, I have mocks coming up very soon.
Reply 18
Original post by Muaaz01
Ahah Elizabeth was a blessing from the pope

Hii, could you please tell me the questions for Elizabeth ?
Reply 19
Original post by adds15
Hii, could you please tell me the questions for Elizabeth ?

if I remember the questions and the structure of the paper:
one 12 marker was about why that sea battle was a naval success(weather, tech, leadership etc)
that's all I remember right now sorry since I dont want to give you any wrong info. I will update you once I remember

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending