A-level OCR Biology Paper 2 Unofficial Mark Scheme - 11/06/18

Add any answers you remember please.
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Mitosis stage: metaphase
Serial dilution : 6 x 10^7
what i put for the mutiple choice DONT THINK THEY RIGHT
A,d,b,b,,b,b,c,b,a,a,d,d,b,b,c,b
for plant 6 maker - selctive clone gentically identical susptible to same dieases / each can cause them to be wide out so need orgnial plant to breddign again. increase gentic variation and biodervisty , gene pool .allow for natural selection which does not occur in selective breeding as all the same so impossible
differnce between the stupid anaimal :big ears
What microscope was used?
Reply 5
Differences between the G nucleotide and ATP:

-ATP has three phosphates & the nucleotide only has one
-ATP contains the base Adenine & the nucleotide contains the base Guanine
-ATP contains a ribose sugar & the nucleotide contains a deoxyribose sugar
(edited 5 years ago)
Bacteria 6 marker (brief overview)

30 degree got to stable phase (peak growth) faster/exponential phase was shorter/faster than 20 degree sample (it took less hours)
Reason - High temperature so increased enzyme action, nutrients used faster

30 degree sample begun death phase faster than 20 degree
Reason - 30 degree sample used up nutrients faster, not enough to support growth.
Possible additional reason - 30 sample/Flask 2 had greater amount of bacteria, greater amount of waste products halting further growth/pH of broth too high killing bacteria faster than they can divide

I wrote more but I can't remember, idk but I doubt they'll get any marks.

Wild type variant 6 marker (very brief overview) - I took this question to be a maintaining biodiversity question in disguise

Can't remember the Q but I recall speaking about mono-culture being exposed to a pathogen all being inbred have similar resistance to pathogens, if one is affected, they're all affected.
Spoke on halted genetic drift, low genetic diversity, natural selection halted, evolution doesn't occur due to human interaction
(due to the first point) Loss of economical profits for countries that rely on such cash crops, social factors such as enjoying aesthetics, ecological reasons such as modified plants having competitive advantage and possibly having genes capable of eliminating competition and possibly harming organisms that feed on them due to toxins produced.

I waffled a lot but idk what the mark scheme could've said. This was the hardest question in the exam imo due to how vague the question seemed to me at least.
Original post by Blessing1

Light, TEM or SEM couldn't have been used, resolution was too bad and magnification was only x1000
Reply 8
Original post by Blessing1

Light microscope.
Original post by BioChemDave

I got 6 times 10^5
Reply 10
Original post by pm444
I got 6 times 10^5

same
Original post by pm444
I got 6 times 10^5

Original post by Zx12r1
same

you may have missed the final line that said 0.1cmcubed was taken from each tube
Original post by luke.sanders
you may have missed the final line that said 0.1cmcubed was taken from each tube

No. It said in the 0.1cm cubed taken from each tube. So I don't we had to include it.
Original post by BioChemDave

i got this too
i got 2.24x10^-5 for the volume of the sphere
Original post by pringles321
what i put for the mutiple choice DONT THINK THEY RIGHT
A,d,b,b,,b,b,c,b,a,a,d,d,b,b,c,b

I got
A,D,D,A,D,D,B,B,A,B,A,C,B,D,B
(btw i did no revision so dont judge me guys lol)
Original post by SplendidHoney
i got 2.24x10^-5 for the volume of the sphere

me 2
any topic prediction for unified paper?
Original post by Robbie7
Light microscope.

i put laser due to staining but i’m not sure if that’s right
Reply 19
Original post by SNOOPBLONG
I got
A,D,D,A,D,D,B,B,A,B,A,C,B,D,B
(btw i did no revision so dont judge me guys lol)

I think I got : AADBCDBABCBDDCC but I'm 100% sure majority are wrong and Im not sure if those were my answers exactly

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending