The Student Room Group

C3 Last Minute Questions Thread (Edexcel 1 day to go!)

This poll is closed

How confident are you for your C3 exam?

Very confident! :H 18%
Confident :) 30%
I'm OKAY... :bebored: 28%
Not very confident... :cry2: 12%
Dreading it :(12%
Total votes: 263
Hi everyone :wavey:

June is fast approaching which means that the C3 exam is getting closer. The "Last Minute" threads were popular last year so we're bringing them back for 2018!

This thread is a place to ask any C3 question you have so whatever your question, please post it here and someone will be able to help you out This could be an exam question from AQA, Edexcel, OCR or it could just be a general question about a particular topic.

When posting a question, make sure you post your attempt so that helpers know where you're stuck and can help you faster.

You can look through last year's thread which may help with your revision.

After-Exam Threads
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

:bump:
Guessing from C1, C2 resit exams for AQA I predict its going to be toughest its been this year with a lot of traps and twists
this cohort seems a lot let enthusiastic to use TSR it looks like
Reply 4
Probably really simple but slightly confused what they've done here! (This is Q5 from June 2017):

I understand it all apart from how they managed to get 3x+10 on the top? When I work it out I get x = ln(10/(3x+1)) so basically missing that 3x on the top!

Any help appreciated, thanks!
Reply 5
Original post by JJWood
Probably really simple but slightly confused what they've done here! (This is Q5 from June 2017):

I understand it all apart from how they managed to get 3x+10 on the top? When I work it out I get x = ln(10/(3x+1)) so basically missing that 3x on the top!

So are you saying you don't understand how they got from the second to the third line? If not, it's probably best if you post your working.
Original post by JJWood

Rewrite 1=3x+13x+11 = \dfrac{3x+1}{3x+1}
Original post by RDKGames
Rewrite 1=3x+13x+11 = \dfrac{3x+1}{3x+1}

How do I remember how to draaw sine inverse and cos inverse? and tan inverse? I know its too late to ask but can ya help a brother out
Reply 8
Original post by TheYearNiner
How do I remember how to draaw sine inverse and cos inverse? and tan inverse? I know its too late to ask but can ya help a brother out

Try this video. If you can follow this method then it's the same method for inverse cos and tan. Or you could try learning them off-by-heart but it is quite late :smile:
Reply 9
Does anyone know how to find the range of g(X) when g(X)=x/(x-3) and x>3. It's only 2 marks and the mark scheme doesn't show any working. Thanks
Reply 10
Original post by Gibbo_
Does anyone know how to find the range of g(X) when g(X)=x/(x-3) and x>3. It's only 2 marks and the mark scheme doesn't show any working. Thanks

This is an improper fraction so you can split it using a division method e.g. long division. If you do that you get

1+3x31+\frac{3}{x-3}

Does that help?
Reply 11
Original post by Notnek
This is an improper fraction so you can split it using a division method e.g. long division. If you do that you get

1+3x31+\frac{3}{x-3}

Does that help?

Ah perfect thank you!
is the domain the output of the function and the range is the input? Or is it the other way round? I can never do domain and range ughh :frown:
Original post by Tottiasr10
I think c3 has been leaked someone report to edexcel

nah it hasnt attention seeker
Original post by sarahhh16
is the domain the output of the function and the range is the input? Or is it the other way round? I can never do domain and range ughh :frown:

domain = input (x values)

range = output (y values)

Weird but how I remember it is you hit golf balls into the driving 'range' so this is the output and then input x values to get y values so match them up accordingly. Hope this makes sense.

(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Speedbird129
domain = input (x values)

range = output (y values)

Weird but how I remember it is you hit golf balls into the driving 'range' so this is the output and then input x values to get y values so match them up accordingly. Hope this makes sense.

okay thank youu! :smile: Good luck with C3
Original post by sarahhh16
okay thank youu! :smile: Good luck with C3

Thank you, and you
How do you differentiate y=x^2 lnx / 3 -2x+4
I am having trouble doing x^2lnx/3
Reply 18
Original post by nisha.sri
How do you differentiate y=x^2 lnx / 3 -2x+4
I am having trouble doing x^2lnx/3

For x2lnx3\frac{x^2\ln x}{3} first take out the 13\frac{1}{3} so you just have to differentiate x2lnxx^2\ln x. Now try to use the product rule for x2x^2 and lnx\ln x. Post your working if you get stuck.
Original post by Notnek
For x2lnx3\frac{x^2\ln x}{3} first take out the 13\frac{1}{3} so you just have to differentiate x2lnxx^2\ln x. Now try to use the product rule for x2x^2 and lnx\ln x. Post your working if you get stuck.

Ahhh thank you didnt even think about taking the 1/3 out

Quick Reply

Latest