Turn on thread page Beta

Edexcel A2 Mathematics: Core Mathematics C3 6665 01 - 19 June 2018 [Exam Discussion] watch

• View Poll Results: How did you find the exam?
    Amazing :woo:
    10.72%
    Good
    27.62%
    Okay :bebored:
    30.01%
    Bad :cry2:
    17.53%
    HORRIBLE PAPER
    14.12%

ReputationRep:
    Looking for the Edexcel 2018 C3 Unofficial Markscheme? Find it here!

The thread for discussion of Edexcel Core 3.

Past papers and mark schemes:
    http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/...rs/c3-edexcel/
    https://madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_...ce_papers.html

Other Edexcel Exam Threads:
    Edexcel AS Core Maths C1
    Edexcel AS Core Maths C2
    Edexcel A2 Core Maths C4
    Edexcel AS Mechanics M1
    Edexcel A2 Mechanics M2
    Edexcel AS Statistics S1
    Edexcel A2 Statistics S2
    Edexcel AS Decision Maths D1
    Edexcel A2 Decision Maths D2
    Edexcel AS Further Pure FP1
    Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP2
    Edexcel A2 Further Pure FP3

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Im attaching the 2017 C3 Edexcel exam. In blue circles are the final answers which i believe are correct. Note there are some questions without answers, reason being is that i was unsure if the answer is correct. Hope this helps and good luck for the exam! C4 2017 coming soon on this link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kvP3NEz5VohaFO

ReputationRep:
    7b should be x<= -1/root(11) , 1/root(11)<= x

7c is y' = 1/[2root(e^(2x) -1)]

Interested to see you answers to Q9

ReputationRep:
    Hows everyone feeling about this paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxtentacion..)
    Hows everyone feeling about this paper?
    Have had literally no time to revise so not good aha! How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p29s)
    Have had literally no time to revise so not good aha! How about you?
    Me too I havent touched C3 in agess Better make the most out of this weekend, same for C4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxtentacion..)
    Me too I havent touched C3 in agess Better make the most out of this weekend, same for C4
    Yeah ikr, going to be a struggle as I have two exams on Monday too. Hopefully D1 will boost my grade a bit aha

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys gonna do the solomon papers ? I've done like a bit of the edexcel papers and now im doing solomon but i dont feel ready at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p29s)
    Yeah ikr, going to be a struggle as I have two exams on Monday too. Hopefully D1 will boost my grade a bit aha
    you're doing D1 too? how.do you feel for that tomorrow? I've not touched revision for it 😭😭😭
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Are you guys gonna do the solomon papers ? I've done like a bit of the edexcel papers and now im doing solomon but i dont feel ready at all
    im gonna do solomon papers then redo the 2016 and 2017 ones closer to the exam date, hopefully that will have me prepped but idk

ReputationRep:
    Dont bother with solomon theyre crap. Do IAL papers, way better practise since its actually from edexcel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina7272)
    im gonna do solomon papers then redo the 2016 and 2017 ones closer to the exam date, hopefully that will have me prepped but idk
    That was what i was thinking too How many solomon have you done ?

(Original post by rhaegar448)
    Dont bother with solomon theyre crap. Do IAL papers, way better practise since its actually from edexcel
    Ahh issit. I was planning to do them too but like 1 do you think i should do more of them. Have you been doing only them ?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh issit. I was planning to do them too but like 1 do you think i should do more of them. Have you been doing only them ?
    Yeah pretty much all i've done. Got a couple left and it makes newer paper seem pretty calm too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhaegar448)
    Yeah pretty much all i've done. Got a couple left and it makes newer paper seem pretty calm too.
    Oh ok i will be starting to do them then Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Don't be put off.Solomon is way harder than the actual exams will be and is kind of a different style,my maths teacher told me when I was doing them .
    As long as you are finding the actual papers ok,you should be fine .
    Good luck to you on Tuesday !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobby147)
    Don't be put off.Solomon is way harder than the actual exams will be and is kind of a different style,my maths teacher told me when I was doing them .
    As long as you are finding the actual papers ok,you should be fine .
    Good luck to you on Tuesday !
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    That was what i was thinking too How many solomon have you done ?
    ive done around 5 of them because ive been busy with other exams but im planning to get as many of them done as possible

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain domain and range ? How do you work it out ? I havent been taught this properly

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain domain and range ? How do you work it out ? I havent been taught this properly
    ok so the domain is the set of x values that the function can take, and the range the the set of y values of the function.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phat-chewbacca)
    ok so the domain is the set of x values that the function can take, and the range the the set of y values of the function.
    Yeh i know that but im not sure how would calculate it like do you draw the graph ?!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  2. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. Bishop Grosseteste University
    All Courses Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.