The Student Room Group

The impossible Eduqas French A-level exam

Students are in uproar after an embarrassing exam board error left hundreds confused and worried about their university applications.

Students taking Eduqas A-Level French complained of jumbled up audio clips that did not coincide with the questions.

In a statement, Eduqas said:

"We can confirm that there was an issue with the recording on yesterday's French examination and how it related to the rubric on one question, which may have impacted some students. A similar issue was noted on the Spanish examination taken by students on Monday June 11. We have contacted centres to inform them that a special consideration application can be made on behalf of those candidates. Our examiners and the awarding committee members will be made aware of the situation. Candidate responses will be considered carefully during the marking and awarding processes to ensure that no candidate is disadvantaged."

You can find the full story here.
You can find the Eduqas French exam discussion here.

What do you make of the error? How will Eduqas mark the exams? Have you ever experienced an exam board error?
What the F*** this is my worst nightmare omg
Both my OCR A-Level English Poetry and Prose paper, and my OCR A-Level Normans paper were reported by my school; English because of an obscure extract from Hamlet which not every teacher taught their students, and for Normans it was a really specific question which my History teachers couldn't answer off the top of their heads.
so sorry for those people.

GCSE french AQA international - recording was corrupted, couldnt hear properly, came out with 58 UMS eeeek
I did this exam (and the Spanish one that was messed up too) and it was an absolute joke. I don't have a clue how they're going to mark these exams but I'm so disappointed..
eduqas have been a joke this year in every subject...biology made me feel personally attacked
Original post by Evil Homer
Students are in uproar after an embarrassing exam board error left hundreds confused and worried about their university applications.

Students taking Eduqas A-Level French complained of jumbled up audio clips that did not coincide with the questions.

In a statement, Eduqas said:

"We can confirm that there was an issue with the recording on yesterday's French examination and how it related to the rubric on one question, which may have impacted some students. A similar issue was noted on the Spanish examination taken by students on Monday June 11. We have contacted centres to inform them that a special consideration application can be made on behalf of those candidates. Our examiners and the awarding committee members will be made aware of the situation. Candidate responses will be considered carefully during the marking and awarding processes to ensure that no candidate is disadvantaged."

You can find the full story here.
You can find the Eduqas French exam discussion here.

What do you make of the error? How will Eduqas mark the exams? Have you ever experienced an exam board error?

I sat this exam and, like everyone sitting it, was extremely confused by how I was meant to answer an 'impossible' question. Not only did this cause unnecessary stress during an exam (which is already a stressful situation) but also meant I spent around 20 minutes trying to figure out how to answer the question - I thought I was going crazy/not listening properly. This time could have been spent checking my other answers... absolutely no idea how you can standardise a test like this when the question was misleading and impossible? How will the grade boundaries be calculated? The vast majority of people sitting A level exams need them for future plans (whether that be uni/job offers etc) and it's important that the tests are fair... how can the test be made fair now? Disappointed....
Good god I took AQA french. Would have legit started crying if this happened to me. I'm sorry for all eduqas students who had to deal with this... hopefully you'll all get more than fair compensation. Spanish too :frown:
Has anyone heard anything more from eduqas? What are people expecting for tomorrow ??

Quick Reply

Latest