The Student Room Group

Home Office Caseworker

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stevent1995
Has anyone got any experience of being on the reserve list? Just found out I passed assessment for Glasgow but no jobs so on reserve lost for 12 months. Does anyone know the likelihood of that coming through in the future ?

Hiya. From our experience we weren't on the reserve list for that long. Depends on your competency scores I think. I got 7 5 5 for EO role and was put on reserve list in December and had provisional job offer by end of Jan. Good luck! It does take a while tho so if u read back through this thread you'll know not to hand your notice in yet lol!
So before I sign off for the weekend I take it the next intake is the 2nd July then??
It must be silver surfer as I am sure there is a few on here with that date. I am not aware of any more starts in June. Have a nice weekend everyone.
Hi all

Just had an AO start date for the 6th of August.
Only issue is I get married on the 2nd so I’ve emailed them advising them I don’t get back from my honeymoon until 24/08/18.
Fingers crossed they aren’t too arsey about pushing my start date back.
Reply 1544
Original post by dward745
Hi all

Just had an AO start date for the 6th of August.
Only issue is I get married on the 2nd so I’ve emailed them advising them I don’t get back from my honeymoon until 24/08/18.
Fingers crossed they aren’t too arsey about pushing my start date back.

Oh my gosh I hope I get one today!
Congratulations on the start date and the wedding! Hope they are accommodating for you :smile:
Original post by JMR56
Oh my gosh I hope I get one today!
Congratulations on the start date and the wedding! Hope they are accommodating for you :smile:

Just received an email advising that they will defer my start date and contact me when the next start dates are available so happy days. 👌🏻
Just had my start date guys: 8th August!
Made up more start dates have come through for some people today! 😊 Does all of the original posters have one now?
Yay more news for people! Congrats guys made up for you! Xx
No start date for me :frown: that's great news guys who have a date !!!
So pleased that the wait is over for some of you :smile:
Good news! Things are moving on! I’m made up for those of you that have dates but also it means that my date may be a little closer.
Congrats to those who have a date now. And not much longer for the rest of you.

Remember you only need a form of photo id like driving license or passport on your first day.
Can I just ask. Does anyone know if its always a friday or sat that start dates come through? As I have my fingers crossed for this week. Hoping they send more out, but I have forgotten the patterns they go out in lol.
Reply 1554
Original post by Kellyj158
Can I just ask. Does anyone know if its always a friday or sat that start dates come through? As I have my fingers crossed for this week. Hoping they send more out, but I have forgotten the patterns they go out in lol.

Fingers crossed for us both! I'm hoping they send some out tomorrow but it does seem to be Fridays and Saturdays
Original post by Kellyj158

I don't know whether there is a pattern but mine was a Friday so may be, but there is at least 6 weeks plus between the email and your actual start date and there seems to be 2 intakes per month minimum

We all waited long enough from the offer till our start dates so you know its going to happen just grin and bare it I'm afraid is all I can say you will be here soon enough
Guys, can any of you shed some light on how long it took your security checks and what clearance was applied for?
It took me around 3-4 weeks before receiving clearance- it was for CTC. Took others much longer though, and even after receiving the clearance letter it was still another 2 months for me before I received the start date. Hopefully you’re not waiting too long!
Original post by BelfastMan
Guys, can any of you shed some light on how long it took your security checks and what clearance was applied for?

If you read back through this thread from about p45 you will see everyone's experience of how long the checks take. The actual checks vary from 4 weeks to a few months. It's been lots of other things holding up the process. Most of us applied last March and were given interviews in november/ December and only just got start dates now. Be warned it's not a quick process!!
Original post by BelfastMan

For me personally I got my checks back in about 2/3 weeks but took from 28th feb till end of may to get a start date.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending