The Student Room Group

Border Force Online Test

Has anyone recently done the online test at stage 2 for the recruitment process, if so what does it involve? is it multiple choice, Maths and English questions?? Need Help
Reply 1
Original post by christinamcd92
Has anyone recently done the online test at stage 2 for the recruitment process, if so what does it involve? is it multiple choice, Maths and English questions?? Need Help

Hi, I did my online test yesterday. There are 12 questions in total. You have to read a couple of paragraphs and then choose an answer from the multiple choice quotes given to you. You only have about 75 seconds to read and answer the question. They give you a practice at it first before you go on and do the actual assessment. Hope this helps.
Hi,

I have completed my online Verbal Reasoning test, does anyone know if there will be more test? For example a Maths test?
Do they confirm receipt of the test and how you scored?

Good luck to everyone doing it
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
I completed the verbal reasoning Assessment yesterday.It states completed and gives a time of completion I don't know how long you have to wait before you get a formal score. I would estimate a few weeks if not mote before we hear back. ..Don't think there is more online tests
Reply 4
Original post by devatsar
I completed the verbal reasoning Assessment yesterday.It states completed and gives a time of completion I don't know how long you have to wait before you get a formal score. I would estimate a few weeks if not mote before we hear back. ..Don't think there is more online tests

Apparently, someone said on here that there could be numerical test at interview but not entirely sure.
How did you find your online assessment?
Reply 5
Quite daunting but hopefully I have done enough but you never can be sure. Hoping there is not a mathematical test I will be struggling!!
Reply 6
Original post by devatsar
Quite daunting but hopefully I have done enough but you never can be sure. Hoping there is not a mathematical test I will be struggling!!

Me too, your not alone LOL. It would be good to know the score on the online test though, just for piece of mind, guess we will have to wait.
Hi is it the same 2 paragraphs for all 12 questions or is it a set of paragraphs for 3 questions then another set for the next 3?
Hi is it the same 2 paragraphs for all 12 questions? Or a set for the first 3 questions then another set of paragraphs for the next 3 and so on?
Reply 9
Original post by Deanalex21
Hi is it the same 2 paragraphs for all 12 questions? Or a set for the first 3 questions then another set of paragraphs for the next 3 and so on?

Hi, if I remember there were 2/3 different paragraphs, hope this helps. Good luck
Original post by chbrown
Hi, I did my online test yesterday. There are 12 questions in total. You have to read a couple of paragraphs and then choose an answer from the multiple choice quotes given to you. You only have about 75 seconds to read and answer the question. They give you a practice at it first before you go on and do the actual assessment. Hope this helps.

Original post by christinamcd92

When does the test come up, is it after you submit your application form for them to review first or is it an automated test invite immediately after submitting your application form like the hmrc jobs.
Reply 11
I think everyone who has submitted an application does the on-line test. Hope you found the test OK
I'm going to complete the online test this week, I have my login, I can't seem to find the practice test.

I don't want to click on the link for 'start test' in case I end up starting the test early.

Are these true/false/cannot say answers?
Reply 13
Hi - are the paragraph subjects related to the Border Force or are they just general!!
Reply 14
Original post by Rubiks_dude
I'm going to complete the online test this week, I have my login, I can't seem to find the practice test.

I don't want to click on the link for 'start test' in case I end up starting the test early.

Are these true/false/cannot say answers?

If I remember correctly, you
have to do a couple of practice questions before you start the actual test, so when you click start it comes up with the practice questions first, then once you've done those the actual test starts.

Original post by Midge68
Hi - are the paragraph subjects related to the Border Force or are they just general!!

They are just general.
Reply 15
Original post by Rhi93
If I remember correctly, you
have to do a couple of practice questions before you start the actual test, so when you click start it comes up with the practice questions first, then once you've done those the actual test starts.

They are just general.

ok great thanks very much. Just practicing on jobtestprep i hope the real test paragraphs arent so long!!!
How did everyone get on. I got an email today to say my application was of considerable merit but unable to invite to interview at this stage but will contact me if further opportunities become available. Really I'm unsure with this means it says considerable merit
Reply 17
Original post by Bellebelfast
How did everyone get on. I got an email today to say my application was of considerable merit but unable to invite to interview at this stage but will contact me if further opportunities become available. Really I'm unsure with this means it says considerable merit

To put it bluntly it means your application was good but not good enough to make the interview shortlist.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending