The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer April 2022 Campaign

This is a thread for those who have applied for the Border force officer role in April 2022.

I just applied and completed the online tests.
Much different to previous campaigns, didn’t know what I was doing for a few of the tests.

Brand new website with lots of information on their.
I applied in October 2021 for Cardiff and I’m currently on the reserve list, but thought I’d apply again.
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'll apply. How did you find the application process compared to previous adverts? It's been years since I applied for a BF job.
Might want to edit the title to April 2022 🤪
Reply 3
Original post by BobbyMcDougall
Might want to edit the title to April 2022 🤪

Yes please lol, I started a new discussion for April 2022 as I thought one didn’t exist.
Reply 4
I have also applied today, but not attempted the tests yet. I’ve had an invite to join a Q&A session, so may wait until after the session to decide if I proceed as still in 2 minds.
Well those “tests” were interesting. Not sure how they can tell if you’re suitable for the job with that!
Reply 6
I can’t find how to edit the original title ?
(edited 2 years ago)
Hey guys. New to this site.

I’ve applied for the April 2022 recruitment for either Cardiff or Pembroke. Application is done and so are the online tests. They were a little weird and don’t fully understand how they can see if you’re suitable for the job if there are no right or wrong answers lol!

I’ve also got an application in for Immigration Enforcement but that was back in Feb and still waiting to hear back!
Reply 8
Original post by James9103
I can’t find how to edit the original title ?

I think you just edit your first post and it lets you edit the title too.
I have applied for the Teesport location.

I fail to see what relevance those tests are to being a BF officer either on a PCP or Customs role.

As far as I can tell the last test was to check eye to hand coordination.

Really can"t see the point of that test
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 10
I’m really curious now to see what these tests are! I am attending a chat session tomorrow, so will see if I still want to go ahead after that.
Original post by Quayn1
I’m really curious now to see what these tests are! I am attending a chat session tomorrow, so will see if I still want to go ahead after that.

It’s like a mobile phone game. The only thing it tests is reactions lol. How it can tell someone’s behaviour and personality is beyond me.
Reply 12
Original post by Chrisg1988
It’s like a mobile phone game. The only thing it tests is reactions lol. How it can tell someone’s behaviour and personality is beyond me.

Is this the behavioural one or the video sift? I wonder if they will talk about it in the chat tomorrow. Are you booked on to it?
Original post by Quayn1
Is this the behavioural one or the video sift? I wonder if they will talk about it in the chat tomorrow. Are you booked on to it?

No I’m not booked on to the chat.

It’s the behavioural test. Apparently there’s no right or wrong answers, which negates the need for it if it’s supposed to be used to select the right candidates. It’s a strange way to recruit I think.
Reply 14
Is anyone able to share link of chat forum , both session got filled really quick so couldn’t register for them. If that’s not possible can someone please a feedback and any useful info after they have attended. Thanks
Reply 15
Already finished.
Waste of time from what I was reading
Reply 16
Original post by Foz-jab
Is anyone able to share link of chat forum , both session got filled really quick so couldn’t register for them. If that’s not possible can someone please a feedback and any useful info after they have attended. Thanks

I’ve just been on it and tbh I’m more confused than I was before! They are just so vague with the answers, most questions are just answered ‘dependant on location/ role’.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know? I asked about shifts and part time roles. It was answered as above lol.
Reply 17
Original post by Quayn1
I’ve just been on it and tbh I’m more confused than I was before! They are just so vague with the answers, most questions are just answered ‘dependant on location/ role’.

Is there anything specific you wanted to know? I asked about shifts and part time roles. It was answered as above lol.

Thanks. I just wanted to know more about what’s going to happen on online assessment centre. And also have they said anything about the already existing reserve list from previous campaign?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Foz-jab
Thanks. I just wanted to know more about what’s going to happen on online assessment centre. And also have they said anything about the already existing reserve list from previous campaign?

They said the OAC is a live event, where behaviours are looked at as well as a comprehension test. It terms of the reserve list, I think someone asked what happens if it expires and were told they would have to apply again but that vacancies are being filled from the list.
Reply 19
Original post by Quayn1
They said the OAC is a live event, where behaviours are looked at as well as a comprehension test. It terms of the reserve list, I think someone asked what happens if it expires and were told they would have to apply again but that vacancies are being filled from the list.

Ah ok that’s fine. Thank you so much and good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending