The Student Room Group

Sadiq Khan is a complete idiot

I realise it was over a week ago but Sadiq Khan is a complete idiot, he has authorised the flying of Donald Trump baby blimp over Westminster when USA are our biggest allies who we need in the post brexit world which Treason May is doing a bang up job in watering down so we are only leaving in name- we need their business in the form of a trade deal but an attack on our greatest ally is bad enough but undermining the American electorate isn't a great idea they picked Trump so the idiots are attacking the intelligence of American voters.

Sadiq Khan has been grandstanding since the day since Donald Trump has been elected, playing the islamaphobic card and race card to try and instil fear into Londoners, he has a lot of influence now his Mayor of London. A protest of 100,000 is organised for tomorrow- that is complete and utter stupid there isn't that many when the Saudi world leaders visit and they are worse than Trump.

Another thing Sadiq Khan has done is normalised terror attacks by claiming they are part and parcel of living in a major city- terror incidents are not normal they are cowardice from the perpetrators who want to change our way of life and it is normally always an Islamism perpetrator- we have done well for a while but its always a matter of when and not IF. We have 23,000 Jihadists living in the country and Sadiq Khan conceded approximately half of these reside in London, he admitted this in a Good Morning Britain interview a while back.

I find it ironic he screams Blue murder that Trump is coming to the UK and he opposed banning Farrakhan who is considered a terrorist by US authorities before Trump. He also shared a platform with some dodgy Islamists- radical ones and no one calls him out on it.

Then you also have crime.

If you look at the December 2017 Mayoral Policing report it shows that violent crimes are up by double digit percentage points. Theresa May thought phasing and Serch when she was Home Secretary was a good idea but all it did was give gangs a mechinism to carry knives and guns and not be searched or have a lower chance in being caugh, Khant backed this up aswell there is a newspaper interview- its not good for minorities in society argument always wins over.

He is useless London vote for him due to the amount of minorities in that area, minorities are the majority in London

Scroll to see replies

Even though it is stupid to fly the baby blimp and it's unreasonable, people still have a right to do so because they have a right to free speech. As much as I disagree with the blimp, If it's safe to fly then I don't see how Sadiq Khan has any good reason to refuse it.
Original post by NOBAME
I realise it was over a week ago but Sadiq Khan is a complete idiot, he has authorised the flying of Donald Trump baby blimp over Westminster when USA are our biggest allies who we need in the post brexit world which Treason May is doing a bang up job in watering down so we are only leaving in name- we need their business in the form of a trade deal but an attack on our greatest ally is bad enough but undermining the American electorate isn't a great idea they picked Trump so the idiots are attacking the intelligence of American voters.

Sadiq Khan has been grandstanding since the day since Donald Trump has been elected, playing the islamaphobic card and race card to try and instil fear into Londoners, he has a lot of influence now his Mayor of London. A protest of 100,000 is organised for tomorrow- that is complete and utter stupid there isn't that many when the Saudi world leaders visit and they are worse than Trump.

Another thing Sadiq Khan has done is normalised terror attacks by claiming they are part and parcel of living in a major city- terror incidents are not normal they are cowardice from the perpetrators who want to change our way of life and it is normally always an Islamism perpetrator- we have done well for a while but its always a matter of when and not IF. We have 23,000 Jihadists living in the country and Sadiq Khan conceded approximately half of these reside in London, he admitted this in a Good Morning Britain interview a while back.

I find it ironic he screams Blue murder that Trump is coming to the UK and he opposed banning Farrakhan who is considered a terrorist by US authorities before Trump. He also shared a platform with some dodgy Islamists- radical ones and no one calls him out on it.

If you look at the December 2017 Mayoral Policing report it shows that violent crimes are up by double digit percentage points. Theresa May thought phasing and Serch when she was Home Secretary was a good idea but all it did was give gangs a mechinism to carry knives and guns and not be searched or have a lower chance in being caugh, Khant backed this up aswell there is a newspaper interview- its not good for minorities in society argument always wins over.

He is useless London vote for him due to the amount of minorities in that area, minorities are the majority in London

I couldn't agree more, and I appreciate you taking the time to write this out. It's nice to know some sensible and morally upstanding people are able to speak out against reprehensible politicians.
So what you’re saying is, that Khan should be banning people the right to freedom of speech?
Original post by moonkatt
So what you’re saying is, that Khan should be banning people the right to freedom of speech?

Cathy Newman is taht U?
Reply 5
Original post by moonkatt

I have nothing against people having their freedom to expression but the Mayor of London has approved something which will alienate a lot of Americans who voted for Trump, I was highlighting the stupidity of Londoners protesting an American president but given the Saudis and other middle eastern leaders who are more authoritarian the red carpet is rolled out.

Free Speech is fine I'm for it- but someone who should be neutral like a mayor is grandstanding.
Reply 6
Original post by NOBAME

He was voted in because it was a race between Conservatives and Labour, and Goldsmith's campaign was seen as unpleasantly targeting Khan because he was a Muslim. Sadiq came across as a nice guy.

After spending all his time virtue signalling and undermining our foreign policy while ignoring the major issues he is actually responsible for, he's going to get destroyed next election.
Reply 7
Original post by bob072
He was voted in because it was a race between Conservatives and Labour, and Goldsmith's campaign was seen as unpleasantly targeting Khan because he was a Muslim. Sadiq came across as a nice guy.

After spending all his time virtue signalling and undermining our foreign policy while ignoring the major issues he is actually responsible for, he's going to get destroyed next election.

There s too many minorities in London he'll be voted back in
Reply 8
Original post by NOBAME
Free Speech is fine I'm for it- but someone who should be neutral like a mayor is grandstanding.

Why on earth would the mayor, a partisan politician, need to be neutral? It's literally his job to not be neutral.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Dez
Why on earth would the mayor, a partisan politician, need to be neutral? It's literally his job to not be neutral.

In the matter if foreign affairs, it is his job to be neutral. How does it look when every other country gives Trump a warm welcome, but we pull this kind of stunt.

And what exactly are they protesting? it's not like they will influence him in any way, if anything they are just embarrassing Trump and the UK and Khan gave them the green card to do so.

Khan was only voted in because if the sheer amount of Muslims living in London. I doubt many non-muslim minorities voted for him.
Reply 10
Original post by NOBAME
I have nothing against people having their freedom to expression but the Mayor of London has approved something which will alienate a lot of Americans who voted for Trump, I was highlighting the stupidity of Londoners protesting an American president but given the Saudis and other middle eastern leaders who are more authoritarian the red carpet is rolled out.

I find it baffling that with the amount of human rights abuses perpetrated by Saudi Arabia and their sexist policies that more people don't protest against one of their official when they visit.

Or is it more likely that these "free thinking" protesters only dislike things BuzzFeed and HuffPost bash like Trump.
(edited 5 years ago)
Just let them fly their little blimp. It’s just immature, that’s all.
Reply 12
Original post by Andrew97
Just let them fly their little blimp. It’s just immature, that’s all.

Yeah I doubt this blimp will be the downfall of trump. I don't get why these protestors even exist, don't they have jobs?
Reply 13
Original post by e^iπ
In the matter if foreign affairs, it is his job to be neutral. How does it look when every other country gives Trump a warm welcome, but we pull this kind of stunt.

There are not that many countries lining up to give Trump a warm welcome. Not ones that value freedom of speech and the right to peaceful assembly, at least.

Original post by e^iπ
And what exactly are they protesting? it's not like they will influence him in any way, if anything they are just embarrassing Trump and the UK and Khan gave them the green card to do so.

Not really relevant imo. Most protests could be seen as pointless to some extent.

Original post by e^iπ
Khan was only voted in because if the sheer amount of Muslims living in London. I doubt many non-muslim minorities voted for him.

[citation needed]
Original post by NOBAME
I realise...

Anything that makes fun of Trump is good, he's an evil clown.
Reply 15
Original post by Dez

When it comes to domestic politics i can agree but to be butthurt about Trump and roll out the red carpet for the Saudi's is rather immature, he screamed Blue Murder when Farrakhan got banned from the country who's a lot worse than Trump
Original post by X_exceed
Even though it is stupid to fly the baby blimp and it's unreasonable, people still have a right to do so because they have a right to free speech. As much as I disagree with the blimp, If it's safe to fly then I don't see how Sadiq Khan has any good reason to refuse it.

A right to free speech?

A balloon is not speech!

There are laws regarding where physical objects are allowed to exist.

That's why, for example, there's an Advertising Standards board- companies can't just say nonsense as part of their 'free speech'.

It's also why people have to apply for planning permission to construct some buildings even on their own land.

And would you deem it acceptable for, for example, some weirdo to fly a balloon showing a caricature of a real life wailing murder victim or a totally random member of the public over the skyline for their sick thrill / irreverent attempt at freaking the person out/ embarassing them?

Just because Donald Trump is a president doesn't mean a caricature clearly designed to be him should necessarily be allowed.

If something is liable to cause distress or embarassment to someone, in a scenario out of context to any forum for debate, then it is not necessarily a good or morally OK.

Sadiq Kahn is an arrogant man who wants to try to exceed Donald Trump's supposed arrogance. Trump at least has a good reason for some arrogance - he has very much money. Khan , on the other hand, is the greatest enemy of the majority of working people- a London-centric idealogue who pretends to act like he wants to be people's mate.
Reply 17
Khan is pathetic and I look forward to the day he is booted out of office.
Sad Face Sadiq has just made the same mistake that Ken and Boris made - they think it's a massive job (it is) but that they can make real change and lead to bigger and better things (it doesn't). The Mayor of London can't really make meaningful change as they spend most of their time just making the whole thing work at all.
Reply 19
Sadiq unfortunately thinks that his job is to insult people who are our allies and people that want to leave Europe because he is scared that if the truth ever gets out he will be finally proved wrong and the idiot and money waster may as well go live in a cave on his own,this guy has done absolutely nothing worthwhile as Mayor of London, he reneges on promises, he listens to no one. other than his idiot team of suck ups that supports this waste of space he needs to be kicked out asap as clearly he either cant do the job, or he wants to dedicate his time winding up superpowers which is actually none of his business my advice - either start doing something real and positive for Londoners and I mean all Londoners not just your mates,. or butt out and let someone else have a go as they can never be be as lazy, arrogant, bone idol and money wasting as him

Latest

Trending

Trending