The Student Room Group

How's 2018 treating you so far ?

Do you think it will be your best year, or the worst ?

Basically, how did it go, up to now ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Overall its actually been a pretty good year so far. Ups and down but for the most part, things have either been good or neutral :yep:
From bad to worse.

Life is just learning to constantly lower your expectations
Original post by hannah00
From bad to worse.

Life is just learning to constantly lower your expectations

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and dont be suprised by anything in between
Very traumatic, but I also found love this year:yeah:
Reply 5
Loving the ****ing spring/summer heatwave!!
It’s been a challenging year to say the least. Three of the worst things that could ever happen to me, have happened. However as cliche as it sounds, I feel stronger as a result. And it’s nice not to live in fear of the worst happening, because the worst has happened already. I feel like I’m growing a lot more recently, and no one ever said self-growth was an easy process.
Original post by Abcdefghijk123
It’s been a challenging year to say the least. Three of the worst things that could ever happen to me, have happened. However as cliche as it sounds, I feel stronger as a result. And it’s nice not to live in fear of the worst happening, because the worst has happened already. I feel like I’m growing a lot more recently, and no one ever said self-growth was an easy process.

Well said ! I felt the exact same way last year :biggrin:
Original post by Missradioactive
Well said ! I felt the exact same way last year :biggrin:

How’s it going for you now?
Everything's been either really good or really s***. Very up and down year.
Original post by Maid Marian
Very traumatic, but I also found love this year:yeah:
Haha, good luck ! :smile:

Original post by SMEGGGY
Loving the ****ing spring/summer heatwave!!

Wow, I wish I loved summer like everyone else, the heat just kills me sometimes :frown:
How’s it going for you now?

Better than last year, up to now.

But I'm awaiting my IGCSE results, so these results will decide how the rest of this remaining year will go for me 😨
Reply 12
Challenging.
Better than last year, up to now.

But I'm awaiting my IGCSE results, so these results will decide how the rest of this remaining year will go for me 😨

Good luck with those!
Good luck with those!

Thank you :smile:
It’s been really difficult. Currently dealing with increasingly bad joint pain that’s seriously affecting my mobility and school attendance

On the plus side though, I’m enjoying my A Levels much more than I was expecting to! Plus my teachers are supportive and my volunteering gives me purpose in life so I think that I can get through this :smile:
Basically:
FCD9D220-31FE-4D8B-8C35-A11837FDF35C.jpeg
Reply 17
Forget about expectations. Those just make you feel like a piece of ****. Try to finding things that make you happy and you'll stop counting days.
Do you think it will be your best year, or the worst ?

Basically, how did it go, up to now ?

Hopefully it'll be one of the best.
hahahahahahahahahaha

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest