Original post by 04MR17
it made sense when I first wrote it. :dontknow:
Don't just call your brother "some other kid" :tongue:
You school had a ball pit?!?!:lolwut:

Haha! I still haven't forgiven my mum :colone:
Reply 21
Original post by UWS
Singing songs in school assembly.

Some guy on the first page stole your avatar.
The very first day I started in reception and instantly got bullied by 3 girls for about 2 weeks.
I remember my first school, a nusery called Pinocchios in Lasswade, Dalkeith in Scotland :ahee: I met my childhood best friend there and my 'cousin'. I loved it there, I remember the bananas in pjama's computer game back when computers were absolutely massive, the slides and the coloured ice cream cones :laugh:
I often got sent home in nursery for refusing to make friends with any of the other children, crying for most of the time and for hitting teachers (on the lap).

Little did they know, I'm still the same, except it would hurt more if I hit them now:biggrin:
Reply 25
Original post by 04MR17
You school had a ball pit?!?!:lolwut:

idk what it was, but it was before nursery. I think it was some sort of pre school.
Reply 26
I think it was the first day of nursery. I wanted to go home :frown:
Reply 27
Original post by NotNotBatman
The very first day I started in reception and instantly got bullied by 3 girls for about 2 weeks.

Damn.
Reply 28
Original post by Sinnoh
I think it was the first day of nursery. I wanted to go home :frown:

We all know the feeling. :tongue:
I have a lot of memories of reception so I'm not sure which came first, but I think I remember sitting in a row on the carpet during what must have been a wet break eating my snack. I think it was jammy dodgers - two of them wrapped in some cling film.

I'm thinking a lot about primary school memories thanks to this thread. Wow, I miss those days.
In reception we had a golden time reward system. On Monday we all started on an hour, but if we did something bad we lost 5 minutes of golden time for every bad thing we did (up to missing 15 minutes). Then on Friday afternoon we had an hour of golden time where we could play outside, play board games, or do drawing or something. I was quite well behaved, I often helped the teacher tidy up and stuff so I never really lost any golden time. Then one day I talked to my friend during show and tell and I lost 5 minutes of golden time. It seemed like such a big deal back then, I was an anxious child and I was worried about the teacher telling my parents or something like that. It happened at the beginning of the week, so I was worried about it for the whole week and I felt really embarrassed (irrational I know :colondollar:). On the Friday morning, we had our class assembly and afterwards the teacher gave me my 5 minutes back because I did a good job. I never told my parents about it (but they wouldn't have cared because I was only like 4). I don't know why I remember that after nearly 12 years, it's just random I guess :redface:
My first memory of school was when I read my short story out loud in class, and I got a standing ovation cause it was sooo good😂😂
Reply 32
Can't really go into a lot of detail due to personal reasons ... Starting nursery was difficult, I just wanted to go home and I was quite shy and scared really - apparently I was really cute according to some guy I knew who was in the year above me. :smile:
Screaming the whole school down till they called my mum and eventually she had to start working there because id scream so loud without her there. The only way to calm me down was to give me food- classic me
Original post by CoolCavy
This is a Golden Thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning prizes :king1:

We all have to go to school (unfortunately :sad: or fortunately :dance: depending on your viewpoint).
As we begin school quite young TSR is asking, what was your first memory of school?

Whether it was a funny :toofunny:, positive :bumps: or negative :console: memory, feel free to share it here :woo:

8eb04465a822fb3a4c6604dbc9091a44--teachers-pet-pig-stuff.jpg

Golden Threads:
The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning

The teacher's halitosis, omg. Miss Bostock was her name.
My first memory of school was probably when my best friend and I ended up being locked in a toilet together and having to bang on the door until the headteacher who's office was opposite wondered what all the banging was and had to get the maintenance team to unlock the door 😂😂😂😂😂😂 I have no recollection of why we went to the toilet together but yeah... we are still friends now and frequently joke about it 😂😂 especially as our teacher was not particularly fond of us and had a massive go at us for missing this girl bringing in her pet snails 😂😂😂
I can remember having to go on a bus because the new school for our area hadn't been finished. They sent us to another really old one which had toilets in an outdoor block! I only stayed there one term fortunately.
[quote(Original post by CoolCavy)]This is a Golden Thread. Join in with this discussion before 31st August 2018 to be in with a chance of winning prizes :king1:

We all have to go to school (unfortunately :sad: or fortunately :dance: depending on your viewpoint).
As we begin school quite young TSR is asking, what was your first memory of school?

Whether it was a funny :toofunny:, positive :bumps: or negative :console: memory, feel free to share it here :woo:

8eb04465a822fb3a4c6604dbc9091a44--teachers-pet-pig-stuff.jpg

Golden Threads:
The more threads you post in, the higher chance you have of winning

[ul]
[li]Post a gif or meme about how you’re feeling in the run up to results day [/li]
[li]Find out the song at number one when you were born [/li]
[li]What is your secret dream job? [/li]
[li]Share essential advice for those starting their A-levels [/li]
[li]If you could study anything what would you choose? [/li]
[li]Dear teacher.....[/li]
[li]What would you send to Room 101? [/li]
[li]What is your first memory of school? [/li]
[li]Which celebrity would you choose to become Prime Minister?[/li]
[li]Which GCSE subject would you ban and why? [/li]
[/ul]

I never went to nursery so my first day of school was in reception. I remember getting a picture taken on my first day of primary in my new uniform and my brother in his high school uniform (he started year 7).I remember my brother, both parents and sister all being in the car in my first day of reception and I remember my mum talking to the teachers then telling me when both hands if the clocks were on the three she'd pick me up. When it got to home time that day, I was impatient and ran out in the rain to look for her and asked a female stranger if she knew where my mum was and my mum was inside reception, livid at the teachers but not me. Though she wasn't happy with me either. :colondollar:
Original post by usycool1
My mum leaving me and me crying for the whole day. :nooo: I was a massive cry baby, I cried practically everyday for the first few days of school.

Original post by Noodlzzz
Getting a hug from my mum on the first day of year 1 and some other kid asked my mum for one too. She did. I cried out of jealousy!

these two ones are so cute :lol:
I remember running over a boy's foot with a bike in nursery. and I apologised, but he burst out crying and wouldn't stop. so I hid inside for the rest of the day so I wouldn't get in trouble 😊😂😂

Latest