The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Private accommodation Sussex

So I got into Sussex through clearing and it’s likely I’ll be going into private accommodation however I’d prefer to live with other freshers so I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat or has been in the same boat and knows the best place to look. If you are in the same boat, I’m up for having a chat and seeing if we can find a group of us to look for a house or something
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m in the same boat as you
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by yelrahcc
I’m in the same boat as you

What websites are you looking on? Or have you not started looking yet?
Reply 3
I’ve not started looking yet. I think the uni has a few places for clearing students so I don’t know whether to rely on the hope that I might get on campus accommodation or try find private.
Reply 4
I’ve not started looking yet. I think the uni has a few places for clearing students so I don’t know whether to rely on the hope that I might get on campus accommodation or try find private.

I’ve applied for accommodation but I’m going to look at private just in case so I’m prepared
There a few good groups on Facebook where people daily post spaces that they have although not sure of any ‘fresher’ specific one - most second years do still go out and even third years though! Have you tried contacting Sussex to find out if they have any spaces left in the less popular accommodations that they own?
Waiting to hear if my son has uni accommodation. If not he'd be interested in a house share
Reply 7
I've applied through clearing and I'm haven't gotten on campus accommodation yet either
Reply 8

Original post by fulhamgirly
Waiting to hear if my son has uni accommodation. If not he'd be interested in a house share

I’ve made a Facebook group chat for people in the same boat so if he wants to be a part of it just let me know :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by ambass
I’ve made a Facebook group chat for people in the same boat so if he wants to be a part of it just let me know :smile:

I'm in the same boat, I'd like to be a part of the group chat if possible :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by Tessv12
I'm in the same boat, I'd like to be a part of the group chat if possible :smile:

Just give me your Facebook name
Original post by ambass

So, he has been allocated accommodation but its a shared room which is a complete disaster. Is anyone putting a shared house together ?
Original post by ambass
So I got into Sussex through clearing and it’s likely I’ll be going into private accommodation however I’d prefer to live with other freshers so I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat or has been in the same boat and knows the best place to look. If you are in the same boat, I’m up for having a chat and seeing if we can find a group of us to look for a house or something

Hi sis

literally in the same situation as you. Applied to uni through clearing and now I've been allocated *****y Park village Accommodation. Would much prefer to rent something privately with another fresher with better facilities.

get back to me xx

- Katy
Original post by fulhamgirly
So, he has been allocated accommodation but its a shared room which is a complete disaster. Is anyone putting a shared house together ?

literally the same with me! lowkey will not survive Park village

Hmu

- katy x
Reply 14
Hi,guys I got in through clearing aswell and am looking for accommodation, if anyone has found something and wants to fill up spaces let me know please, cheers.
I’m also a fresher looking for accommodation! Would I be able to join the group chat??
Reply 16
Hey everyone! So the group chat is still open for people looking for private accom, if you could please message me on Facebook (name is Amber Kali, picture is two girls, one white and one mixed race ((me)) and I’ll add you x
Hi I’m also in the same boat, they have filled all their clearing spaces. If anyone finds anything with spaces I’m all ears.
I’m in the same spot with not having any accommodation. I’m going to the uni today to try and look at private accommodation and am very interested in sharing with other freshers. My Facebook is tabithahawker and my picture has me in a black jacket and I’m wearing glasses.
I got in through clearing and am homeless lol so would also be interested in a spot please
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending