The Student Room Group

accommodation in brighton and sussex medical school

Hi I'm in year 13 and I'm thinking of applying for BSMS. but I read on their website that in order to guarantee accommodation you must make the school your first choice when confirming places with UCAS, does that mean I won't get an accommodation if I don't make it my first choice because that seems a little harsh?
Reply 1
If that is what the terms of their accommodation offer is then yes, you would not be guaranteed accommodation if you do not firm it.

That is pretty standard across many universities. In practice ther is a fair bit of movement when it comes to confirmation of exam results when people do or don't take up their places.

So it doesn't mean you will necessarily be homeless, just that they cannot guarantee it,and you may have to look to private provision.

Some unis have a lot more pressure on student accommodation than others, Manchester, York, and Bristol for example. Not sure about Brighton. But do check what the pressures are wherever you apply and knowing and adhering to the guaranteed accom terms is important.
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by GGIN
If that is what the terms of their accommodation offer is then yes, you would not be guaranteed accommodation if you do not firm it.

That is pretty standard across many universities. In practice ther is a fair bit of movement when it comes to confirmation of exam results when people do or don't take up their places.

So it doesn't mean you will necessarily be homeless, just that they cannot guarantee it,and you may have to look to private provision.

Some unis have a lot more pressure on student accommodation than others, Manchester, York, and Bristol for example. Not sure about Brighton. But do check what the pressures are wherever you apply and knowing and adhering to the guaranteed accom terms is important.

ah ok thank you, that makes a lot more sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending