ambass
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So I got into Sussex through clearing and it’s likely I’ll be going into private accommodation however I’d prefer to live with other freshers so I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat or has been in the same boat and knows the best place to look. If you are in the same boat, I’m up for having a chat and seeing if we can find a group of us to look for a house or something
yelrahcc
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m in the same boat as you
ambass
Rep:
?
(Original post by yelrahcc)
I’m in the same boat as you
What websites are you looking on? Or have you not started looking yet?
yelrahcc
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’ve not started looking yet. I think the uni has a few places for clearing students so I don’t know whether to rely on the hope that I might get on campus accommodation or try find private.
ambass
Rep:
?
I’ve not started looking yet. I think the uni has a few places for clearing students so I don’t know whether to rely on the hope that I might get on campus accommodation or try find private.
I’ve applied for accommodation but I’m going to look at private just in case so I’m prepared
fairplaytoyou
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There a few good groups on Facebook where people daily post spaces that they have although not sure of any ‘fresher’ specific one - most second years do still go out and even third years though! Have you tried contacting Sussex to find out if they have any spaces left in the less popular accommodations that they own?
fulhamgirly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Waiting to hear if my son has uni accommodation. If not he'd be interested in a house share
Tessv12
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've applied through clearing and I'm haven't gotten on campus accommodation yet either
ambass
Rep:
?
(Original post by fulhamgirly)
Waiting to hear if my son has uni accommodation. If not he'd be interested in a house share
I’ve made a Facebook group chat for people in the same boat so if he wants to be a part of it just let me know
Tessv12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ambass)
I’ve made a Facebook group chat for people in the same boat so if he wants to be a part of it just let me know
I'm in the same boat, I'd like to be a part of the group chat if possible
ambass
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tessv12)
I'm in the same boat, I'd like to be a part of the group chat if possible
Just give me your Facebook name
fulhamgirly
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So, he has been allocated accommodation but its a shared room which is a complete disaster. Is anyone putting a shared house together ?
Katy_mcglynn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
So I got into Sussex through clearing and it’s likely I’ll be going into private accommodation however I’d prefer to live with other freshers so I was wondering if anyone else was in the same boat or has been in the same boat and knows the best place to look. If you are in the same boat, I’m up for having a chat and seeing if we can find a group of us to look for a house or something
Hi sis

literally in the same situation as you. Applied to uni through clearing and now I've been allocated *****y Park village Accommodation. Would much prefer to rent something privately with another fresher with better facilities.

get back to me xx

- Katy
Katy_mcglynn
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by fulhamgirly)
So, he has been allocated accommodation but its a shared room which is a complete disaster. Is anyone putting a shared house together ?
literally the same with me! lowkey will not survive Park village

Hmu

- katy x
Ninic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi,guys I got in through clearing aswell and am looking for accommodation, if anyone has found something and wants to fill up spaces let me know please, cheers.
_eleanordavies
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m also a fresher looking for accommodation! Would I be able to join the group chat??
ambass
Rep:
?
Hey everyone! So the group chat is still open for people looking for private accom, if you could please message me on Facebook (name is Amber Kali, picture is two girls, one white and one mixed race ((me)) and I’ll add you x
DDevine98
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi I’m also in the same boat, they have filled all their clearing spaces. If anyone finds anything with spaces I’m all ears.
Tabitha H
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I’m in the same spot with not having any accommodation. I’m going to the uni today to try and look at private accommodation and am very interested in sharing with other freshers. My Facebook is tabithahawker and my picture has me in a black jacket and I’m wearing glasses.
ramaldinho
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got in through clearing and am homeless lol so would also be interested in a spot please
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (604)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (749)
41.91%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (354)
19.81%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.48%

Watched Threads