The Student Room Group

Resitting GCSE maths in November

Hey guys. I just got my results back and found that I need to resit my maths. The question is if i resit in November, when would i be recieving those results? And the other question is if i fail that paper, would I be able to resit it AGAIN with the other people who decided to resit in May/June?
Original post by joyceelyse
Hey guys. I just got my results back and found that I need to resit my maths. The question is if i resit in November, when would i be recieving those results? And the other question is if i fail that paper, would I be able to resit it AGAIN with the other people who decided to resit in May/June?

You receive them in January Joyce :smile:

You can probably resit in the summer again if you need too.

Speak to your school about requesting your exam papers back to see where you have dropped marks - then revise those areas :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by She-Ra
You receive them in January Joyce :smile:

You can probably resit in the summer again if you need too.

Speak to your school about requesting your exam papers back to see where you have dropped marks - then revise those areas :smile:

When I pass the resit, would I be able to do A Level? My sixth form states that doing A Level subjects requires 5 GCSES. If so, will i be able?
When I pass the resit, would I be able to do A Level? My sixth form states that doing A Level subjects requires 5 GCSES. If so, will i be able?

What are your other GCSE grades? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by She-Ra
What are your other GCSE grades? :smile:

5 in English Lit
4 in English Lang
3 in Maths
4-3 in Combined Science
5 in French
2 in History
3 in PE
E in Business

Pretty Bad...
In my school, i need to get 4 GCSE's between A - C to do Level 3 A Levels
OK, well you can do A-levels if the Science counts?

You have a a 5 in EL, a 4 in ELang, 5 in French - if you retake your maths alongside your A-levels in November that will be increase your GCSEs

What A-levels were you planning to do?

Have you spoken to your school about your options?

5 in English Lit
4 in English Lang
3 in Maths
4-3 in Combined Science
5 in French
2 in History
3 in PE
E in Business

Pretty Bad...
In my school, i need to get 4 GCSE's between A - C to do Level 3 A Levels
Reply 6
I have got my interview with the school on Tuesday. I just want to do Sociology, English Lit and Politics
I have got my interview with the school on Tuesday. I just want to do Sociology, English Lit and Politics

This sounds good, but just make sure you work hard during A-Levels they're a huge step up! This is coming from someone who's had to re-sit Year 12 as I failed to acknowledge the step up. :redface:

You can explain that you want to do a Maths resit alongside your A-Levels, I know plenty of people which have done so.
Reply 8
Original post by RoyalSheepy
This sounds good, but just make sure you work hard during A-Levels they're a huge step up! This is coming from someone who's had to re-sit Year 12 as I failed to acknowledge the step up. :redface:

You can explain that you want to do a Maths resit alongside your A-Levels, I know plenty of people which have done so.

In order to do the mathsit alongside my A levels, I needed 5 a -c results to even do A Levels, which I do not have because of maths
In order to do the mathsit alongside my A levels, I needed 5 a -c results to even do A Levels, which I do not have because of maths

Let's see how this interview goes, certainly explain to them you'd like to resit the maths alongside your A-Levels. If they say no, then there are plenty of different options to choose from:

- Choose another Sixth form/College to go to, explaining your situation, and see if they accept you,
- or take a year to resit all your GCSE's. This is quite effective, as you'll have a better mindset and will ultimately do much better. And then you can apply for sixth form the year after.

Do keep me updated on how the interview goes by the way.
Reply 10
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Let's see how this interview goes, certainly explain to them you'd like to resit the maths alongside your A-Levels. If they say no, then there are plenty of different options to choose from:

- Choose another Sixth form/College to go to, explaining your situation, and see if they accept you,
- or take a year to resit all your GCSE's. This is quite effective, as you'll have a better mindset and will ultimately do much better. And then you can apply for sixth form the year after.

Do keep me updated on how the interview goes by the way.

Heyy. I had my interview today and they gave me the option to resit maths again along with BTEC Level 3 subject for the first year. Once I pass, I would be spending the next 2 years doing the A Levels I originally wanted to do. It's not ideally what I wanted but I guess it's better than nothing.. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest