The Student Room Group
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Wheres a good hang out around town

Starting here in september, came on a visit and the town seems dead whats a good chill out spot??
Reply 1
It’s only dead because the students are away, the city gets real busy Sept time, Grainstore is awesome in the day, I do some studying there and then party at night through both my years, bloody good drinks too (Gin Emporium).
At the Student's Union
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Cheers, Do they have wifi, Is there any good cafes in town. I noticed the dessert shops but they seem like they will throw you out after you eat. Not really the sort of place you can have a coffee and do your work in peace
Reply 3
Yo, yeah they’ve got WiFi. The dessert shops are pretty chill ngl as long as you don’t walk in at pure peak times it’s fine. There’s actually not much cafes it’s mainly bar / pubs where you can sit in and do uni work. I’d say the uni library but that’s mainly a social fest for people that just want student finance 😅.

Ah there’s Costa and Starbucks too, great places and some student accoms have awesome social settings too (if you’re moving here).
Original post by Owari
Yo, yeah they’ve got WiFi. The dessert shops are pretty chill ngl as long as you don’t walk in at pure peak times it’s fine. There’s actually not much cafes it’s mainly bar / pubs where you can sit in and do uni work. I’d say the uni library but that’s mainly a social fest for people that just want student finance 😅.

Ah there’s Costa and Starbucks too, great places and some student accoms have awesome social settings too (if you’re moving here).

Cheers thats more my type of place
Reply 5
The Hogshead pub is my go to, other than that then there's always the coffee shops as previously mentioned. You always have Birmingham as an option too, as it's only around 20 minutes on the train iirc.
Reply 6
Original post by DJ98
The Hogshead pub is my go to, other than that then there's always the coffee shops as previously mentioned. You always have Birmingham as an option too, as it's only around 20 minutes on the train iirc.

Is it friendly for students that are studying etc? Like midday till 5 ish? Liked the look of it just didn’t want to go somewhere if it’s mega loud and people boozing from early on. Might try that new bar Ram something.
I think ive found the near perfect spot for chilling out and doing your work. A place called the lounge next door to the spoons. Only problem is they dont have wifi yet, The owner seems like a decent guy. does a really nice cookie dough and good coffee. Also got a vape and e-shisha shop in the back so perfect for me as i can vape inside. but not great if you dont like the smell of vape. Seemed quite dead when i went in.
Apparently they did have a ps4 with fifa on but it got nicked. But he should be getting a new one and they got a pool table

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending