The Student Room Group

Year 11 Leavers Day

So I have my last day of year 11 coming up and as we get to go home early, I decided I wanted to go into town instead of heading straight home because I’ve never been into town on my own before so I wanted to somewhat mark the moment.
The problem is that because I was shy in year7, I’ve ended up with no close friends that I hang around with during break n lunch.
I wanna go into town with some friends but because I’m not really close with anyone in particular I don’t have anyone to go with.
Everyone else has their own friend groups and would be planning stuff for that day between themselves and I don’t want to intrude in that.

What do I do?
Do I go by myself, walk around and maybe get some food?
Or brave it and ask some people if I could hang out with them?

Appreciate any responses.
I’d say go on your own and if you see anyone, try and say hi. They’ll likely be friendly because it’s the last day. If they invite you, then that’s a bonus, but if not, going into town on your own for the first time is quite liberating in itself. Make sure to bring enough money to explore properly, because you might find something you really like.
Reply 2
Original post by SagaciousSag
I’d say go on your own and if you see anyone, try and say hi. They’ll likely be friendly because it’s the last day. If they invite you, then that’s a bonus, but if not, going into town on your own for the first time is quite liberating in itself. Make sure to bring enough money to explore properly, because you might find something you really like.

Thanks for your reply.
I understand beggars can’t be choosers but what if I want to go with people? Do I make the effort to find people or just stick with myself?
Appreciate your time.
Reply 3
Depends what you prefer to do.
It seems like you want to go into town. Whether that's alone doesn't matter because it's a special thing for you.
However, you could end the day with some friends but if everyone has their own friendship group then it could potentially be a bit awkward. Just a heads up!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending