The Student Room Group

MSc in Finance at LSE or King's?

So, I am currently working but I really want to go back to University to complete an MSc in either Risk & Finance at LSE or MSc in Financial Mathematics/Banking & Finance at King's. However, I am not sure which University is the better option here. I will probably be studying from home, not sure if I would like to move out and study considering that I live in London anyway.
Help your girl to decide please, advice on teaching, learning atmosphere, residential atmosphere and anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by KarishmaD93
So, I am currently working but I really want to go back to University to complete an MSc in either Risk & Finance at LSE or MSc in Financial Mathematics/Banking & Finance at King's. However, I am not sure which University is the better option here. I will probably be studying from home, not sure if I would like to move out and study considering that I live in London anyway.
Help your girl to decide please, advice on teaching, learning atmosphere, residential atmosphere and anything else would be greatly appreciated.

Moved to Finance, Economics, Business and Management (MBA & MSc) Postgraduate Study

LSE is better in general for career prospects in Investment Banking as it is a top-tier target uni. However, the course at Kings may probably be better suited.
OP, what do you want to do with the degree? Any fields that interest you? I'm guessing investment banking, but do let me know so I can help :smile:
Reply 3
Thanks alot for the help :smile: I was mainly thinking of Kings College as they provide part time courses in MSc. I am not sure if I want to leave my job and do the MSc would prefer to still be working and studying, need the income.

However, I will be contacting LSE today to ask them if they can be flexible towards this.
Reply 4
Original post by Grade A
LSE is better in general for career prospects in Investment Banking as it is a top-tier target uni. However, the course at Kings may probably be better suited.
OP, what do you want to do with the degree? Any fields that interest you? I'm guessing investment banking, but do let me know so I can help :smile:

Investment Banking is the route I want to take, initially I did want to study at LSE but as they only provide full time I was abit concerned on how Id manage the time with my full time job as well. Kings however do provide part time courses which I thought would benefit me more but I think I will contact LSE and ask them today if they can be flexible or what the schedules are.
Investment Banking is the route I want to take, initially I did want to study at LSE but as they only provide full time I was abit concerned on how Id manage the time with my full time job as well. Kings however do provide part time courses which I thought would benefit me more but I think I will contact LSE and ask them today if they can be flexible or what the schedules are.

LSE has better alumni and opportunities with banks, regardless of whatever course you do, but Kings is also a reputed uni and you can still reach your goals going here, but it definitely isn't on LSE's level. However, the decision is up to you, and it's important that you're considering your job, as afterall, a first from Kings is better than a 2:1 from LSE:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending