The Student Room Group

Resit medicine or not.

Hi I got abb a in maths b in bio chem and was 4 marks of a in bio. If I got that I would be in kings right now studying medicine. But I’m not should I resit year and apply again or just do chem eng at Manchester. Only a few unis allow resits without extenuating circumstances apparently.
Reply 1
Original post by khalilbigboy
Hi I got abb a in maths b in bio chem and was 4 marks of a in bio. If I got that I would be in kings right now studying medicine. But I’m not should I resit year and apply again or just do chem eng at Manchester. Only a few unis allow resits without extenuating circumstances apparently.

Have you considered getting a remark for Biology given that you are 4 marks off?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Have you considered getting a remark for Biology given that you are 4 marks off?

Fixed it for you...
Get a remark, dont go chem eng as a last resort, im 100% sure 4 unis accept resits, https://www.themedicportal.com/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/
Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics
Have you considered getting a remark for Biology given that you was 4 marks off?

I have applied for remark but exam officer in school is taking so long
Original post by khalilbigboy
I have applied for remark but exam officer in school is taking so long

Did you request priority remarks as your uni place depends pn it?
Many schools say they don’t accept resits
Mate In exactly the same position woww, got ABB, 3 marks off chem, and had a Manchester chem eng clearing offer, it’s 100% worth reapplying as one year in nothing in the long run, also chem and bio won’t be too bad having learned all the content already it’s just months and months of exam practice. And for people telling you not many unis accept resits there’s actually 11 😂
Original post by HippoRhino3
Get a remark, dont go chem eng as a last resort, im 100% sure 4 unis accept resits, https://www.themedicportal.com/medical-school-a-level-resit-policies/

Bro did you miss a medicine offer or for a different course ?
Reply 9
Original post by Zamzam Water
Fixed it for you...

Corrected - typo :/
Original post by Doctor P
Mate In exactly the same position woww, got ABB, 3 marks off chem, and had a Manchester chem eng clearing offer, it’s 100% worth reapplying as one year in nothing in the long run, also chem and bio won’t be too bad having learned all the content already it’s just months and months of exam practice. And for people telling you not many unis accept resits there’s actually 11 😂

Which 11
Remark diddnt go up seriously thinking about choosing chem engineering. But feel guilty when I say it.
Reply 12
Anglia Ruskin, Plymouth, Exeter (historically but unconfirmed for 2019), Liverpool, UEA, Kings, BSMS (but only if AAB), Lancaster, Hull York, Sheffield, Aston, Keele

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending