The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Accomodation

Hi i will be moving into college court and would like to know if anyone knows when arrival slots are booked as other than knowing which accomodation i am in i know nothing else ?
Does college court have lockable cupboards and how many fridges does it have ?
I have only seen photo of college court
Hi miss sunshine 12 Please don't panic. Are you part of the new starters group on FB? There's lots of info on there - here's the link: https://business.facebook.com/groups/1650180481670282/

In terms of your other queries - arrival/move in day is 15th Sept between 8am and 6pm. We're sending out emails this week so you can book a time slot but you can find some more info about the first week here - http://www.staffs.ac.uk/welcome

Regarding accommodation; you can find some info here: http://www.staffs.ac.uk/support_dept...odation/stoke/ but if you need any more info, email [email protected] or you can call them on 01782 294221

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Amy
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Original post by miss sunshine12
Hi i will be moving into college court and would like to know if anyone knows when arrival slots are booked as other than knowing which accomodation i am in i know nothing else ?
Does college court have lockable cupboards and how many fridges does it have ?
I have only seen photo of college court

@carchie1147 Could you help with the above query regarding amenities at College Court at all? Thanks
1 fridge per flat (which is a block of 4 rooms) I think the fridges have 3/4 shelves
1 Freezer per flat with 4 drawers
No lockable cupboards, perhaps keep things you want to store safely in your room
(edited 5 years ago)
Thank you for info
I will be arriving by train as i get car sickness but my parents will be arriving by car with my stuff my question is can i enrol collect my keys and then wait at the accommodation until they arrive with my stuff as i possibly will get there earlier than them ,(college court)
i booked arrival slot etc but my train will get in earlier as it was cheaper due too times etc ?
Its what I did when I first moved in there, so don't think it will be a problem. All block, flat and rooms can only be opened with the fob and key they give you so remember to arrange to meet your parents on arrival as they can't get in without you
The staff are pretty helpful and friendly to be honest
thats great thanks you have been great help as i was panicking so if i arrive earlier than slot arrival time then i would not be able to collect my fob key but if i can then its a relief as i can just go to college court and wait there for them and yes i will tell them to call me when they actually arrive ...
is there parking in college court for my parents to unload etc
@miss sunshine 12 I would call a college court a few days before you are due to arrive to explain the situation too, just so they are prepared for you
yes there is parking, its pretty limited parking though. They just press the buzzer near the gate and staff left them in.

I forgot to mention, for college court even if you are arriving on foot from the train station, there are gates you need a fob for to actually get into the
premises. Obviously you won't have this until you get your fob and keys, just press the buzzer near the gate and explain who you are to be let in
Thank you for info
I will be arriving by train as i get car sickness but my parents will be arriving by car with my stuff my question is can i enrol collect my keys and then wait at the accommodation until they arrive with my stuff as i possibly will get there earlier than them ,(college court)
i booked arrival slot etc but my train will get in earlier as it was cheaper due too times etc ?

Hi @miss sunshine 12

Just checking you've booked a time slot for enrolment?

Thanks
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi @miss sunshine 12

yes booked time slot but didn't realise until later that my train is booked for earlier than arrival slot so i will arrive earlier than my parent who is bringing my belongings in car which is why i asked if i could go and enrol and collect my keys etc once my train arrives and then meet my parent at my accomadtiion college court and i will inform them to let me know when they arrive but i will inform college court once i arrive that my parents will be slightly later then me ?
Original post by carchie1147
yes there is parking, its pretty limited parking though. They just press the buzzer near the gate and staff left them in.

I forgot to mention, for college court even if you are arriving on foot from the train station, there are gates you need a fob for to actually get into the
premises. Obviously you won't have this until you get your fob and keys, just press the buzzer near the gate and explain who you are to be let in

Thank you for info , i will enrol at my arrival time and collect keys and fob etc then i will ask my mum to meet me at college court when she arrives by car a bit later on the day
Original post by Staffordshire University
Hi @miss sunshine 12

yes on checking i have booked a time slot for enrolment then i will collect keys and fob and then go to college court and when my mum arrives by car a bit later i will ask her too meet me at college court with my belongings i will let college court know once i get there that my mum coming bit later etc ,i did email reslife but got no reply so i told my mum that it is fine so she will stop stressing now lol
Does anyone know how many people share a flat college court?
Original post by Leahmitch
Does anyone know how many people share a flat college court?

Hey @Leahmitch,

You can find the information about our accommodation here: https://www.staffs.ac.uk/student-life/accommodation/stoke-on-trent
The list shows how many people will be in each place :smile:

Hope this helps!
HB

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending