The Student Room Group

What....the....hell?

Right, so after my first time coming across this whole ‘GYG’ thing where people post about their day to day basis on what they are planning it’s absolutely made me even more stressed lol.

I’m presuming most of these people that are doing GYG are naturally smart? All of these people that are doing it seem to be insanely smart or something and that’s making me completely stresssed since I’ve started year 12.

As someone who isn’t smart in any way whatsoever and has achieved some low grades in my GCSEs it just makes me think how much I’m going to struggle in Sixth form

It’s kinda made me realised how much work I’m going to have put in - It’s unreal and I’m super nervous
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
LOOL you should have never came on TSR.
Reply 2
come*
Original post by Dan192
Right, so after my first time coming across this whole ‘GYG’ thing where people post about their day to day basis on what they are planning it’s absolutely made me even more stressed lol.

I’m presuming most of these people that are doing GYG are naturally smart? All of these people that are doing it seem to be insanely smart or something and that’s making me completely stresssed since I’ve started year 12.

As someone who isn’t smart in any way whatsoever and has achieved some low grades in my GCSEs it just makes me think how much I’m going to struggle in Sixth form

It’s kinda made me realised how much work I’m going to have put in - It’s unreal and I’m super nervous

Na bro, I got EEEU mid year 12 but im still doing a gyg. Any1 can do it. I just got an A in maths today after working 7 months to get a U to an A
Reply 4
Original post by Pop,pop
LOOL you should have never came on TSR.

Tell me about it....every single post on this whole GYG seems to be like AAAA or higher in their A levels. Absolutely unreal
You should read up on the characteristics of the typical TSR user
Original post by Rolls_Reus_0wner
Na bro, I got EEEU mid year 12 but im still doing a gyg. Any1 can do it. I just got an A in maths today after working 7 months to get a U to an A

Wow congrats!
Original post by bluemuffin
Wow congrats!

It's just the beginning
Reply 8

Congrats mate.

Seeing how much work I’m going to have to put makes me just nervous that I ain’t gonna cope with all this stuff - Plus have no social life/free time at all.

What did you get in your GCSEs? I’m presuming they were pretty good?
I would say that smort people are more likely to make a GYG because they somewhat enjoy studying, and talking about studying.

You should make one, they're great motivation.

Also check out mine. :smartass:
Original post by Dan192
Congrats mate.

Seeing how much work I’m going to have to put makes me just nervous that I ain’t gonna cope with all this stuff - Plus have no social life/free time at all.

What did you get in your GCSEs? I’m presuming they were pretty good?

Could have done a lot better if i didn't procrastinate:
3As, 6Bs, 2Cs

I couldn't do A level science which is so annoying. Hard to learn subjects from scratch ngl. I struggled with A -level maths. I just kept working hard and man got an A to day.
Reply 11
Could have done a lot better if i didn't procrastinate:
3As, 6Bs, 2Cs

I couldn't do A level science which is so annoying. Hard to learn subjects from scratch ngl. I struggled with A -level maths. I just kept working hard and man got an A to day.

Those GCSE grades aren’t that bad at all. Way way better than mine :smile:
Original post by vicvic38
I would say that smort people are more likely to make a GYG because they somewhat enjoy studying, and talking about studying.

You should make one, they're great motivation.

Also check out mine. :smartass:

Ahahah, a lot of the GYG say motivate other people but IMO it’s more like make other people even more stressed lol.

I dont know if i should make one, they seem to be a bit time consuming on having to update a post every time.

Ill check out yours for sure :smile:

Overall tho, man I’m so stressful. It’s almost the end of September and I haven’t started revising - Not much too revise at the moment tbh so don’t know what I could do at the moment. I’m just so nervous for Year 13 and how hard it’s gojng to be
Original post by Dan192
Those GCSE grades aren’t that bad at all. Way way better than mine :smile:

Ahahah, a lot of the GYG say motivate other people but IMO it’s more like make other people even more stressed lol.

I dont know if i should make one, they seem to be a bit time consuming on having to update a post every time.

Ill check out yours for sure :smile:

Overall tho, man I’m so stressful. It’s almost the end of September and I haven’t started revising - Not much too revise at the moment tbh so don’t know what I could do at the moment. I’m just so nervous for Year 13 and how hard it’s gojng to be

takes like 5 mins to update each day. btw wht subjects u take?
I’m considering making one as I’m retaking two subjects as I didn’t do as well... I’m definitely not super smart so don’t worry :smile:
Reply 14
takes like 5 mins to update each day. btw wht subjects u take?

I took, BTEC Business, A Level English Lit and Gov and Pov
Reply 16

Bro, that is by far the best definition of TSR lol ahahah. I laughed so much after reading that!
Reply 17
Mate, don't stress, TSR is full of overachievers and people who want to do medicine. GYG posters are just people who want to well, so they're documenting their progress to maybe help them get advice from other posters and so they can see how they're improving over time. If you keep up with your work, study a moderate amount and seek help (from classmates, teachers or even here) if you do find yourself falling behind you should be fine
Reply 18
Original post by Raen
Mate, don't stress, TSR is full of overachievers and people who want to do medicine. GYG posters are just people who want to well, so they're documenting their progress to maybe help them get advice from other posters and so they can see how they're improving over time. If you keep up with your work, study a moderate amount and seek help (from classmates, teachers or even here) if you do find yourself falling behind you should be fine

It’s just absolutely unreal about how much work you have to put to get like AAA (which is what I’m hoping to achieve - probably won’t tho). Man, I’m just so nervous. I feel like I should be revising every minute now after reading some GYG.

My biggest goal is probably to hopefully one day start a mult billionaire business (not sure on what tho). I definitely don’t wanna do anything relating to medicine tbh

Also, about you saying it will be fine - Let’s face it, it won’t be fine lol 😂 I’ve seen people who have revised/tried so hard in their a levels here on the TSR and have been devastated to receive low/not the best A level results
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Dan192
It’s just absolutely unreal about how much work you have to put to get like AAA (which is what I’m hoping to achieve - probably won’t tho). Man, I’m just so nervous. I feel like I should be revising every minute now after reading some GYG.

My biggest goal is probably to hopefully one day start a mult billionaire business (not sure on what tho). I definitely don’t wanna do anything relating to medicine tbh

Also, about you saying it will be fine - Let’s face it, it won’t be fine lol 😂 I’ve seen people who have revised/tried so hard in their a levels here on the TSR and have been devastated to receive low/not the best A level results

Nah, what I'm saying is just don't be nervous, it's only September - I'm doing AS exams this year so I'm starting revision in mid February. if you're revising now it's great, it's good to get in a habit, but it's so early into the course the main goal of your revision should be gaining a core understanding of the subject to make it easier when you start really getting into revision. Doing bundles of works now may even burn you out, you need to find balance with revision, slowly ease into it and make sure you make time for other things. Just because you've revise a lot doesn't mean you'll get a good grade, although it's the probably one of the biggest factors, there's a lot of factors you can't decide or influence. Just try hard in these first few months, go home and do a bit of revision (practice questions, summary notes, however you like to revise) and try not to stress. Just because other people are going home and doing revision for 17 hours a day doesn't mean that they'll do better than you or that you're doing anything wrong and stressing yourself out at this stage by forcing yourself to revise or freaking out over other peoples' schedules isn't how you get all good grades

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending