The Student Room Group

Oxford college choice help!

Hey everyone!
I recently applied to Merton college at Oxford, however, now I’m really keen on going to Worcester (don’t ask, its complicated).
Do you think I would be put at a disadvantage if I changed my choice on UCAS? Could it harm my application?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated:smile:
Reply 1
Assuming it's possible to change your college choice after submitting your UCAS form (I'm guessing you've researched this already), you should presumably be able to do so without issue up until the Oxbridge application deadline on 15th October.
You would not be disadvantaged.
Reply 3
A different question to @BrasenoseAdm, regarding college choice for re-applicants:
Oxford advises re-applicants to apply to a different college than the year before but what if the candidate was re-allocated to another college before interview and had all their interviews at the college that they did not choose originally? Should they avoid both colleges when re-applying? Thanks!
Original post by BVP
A different question to @BrasenoseAdm, regarding college choice for re-applicants:
Oxford advises re-applicants to apply to a different college than the year before but what if the candidate was re-allocated to another college before interview and had all their interviews at the college that they did not choose originally? Should they avoid both colleges when re-applying? Thanks!

Thanks for the tag. This question is asked quite often. The main points to note are as follows.

1) Re-applications are treated afresh so all stages of the application process are repeated.
2) Re-applications are not flagged as such by Oxford Admissions or UCAS.
3) There are examples of successful and unsuccessful re-applications to the same college / a different college.
4) We always advise candidates to do what they feel most comfortable doing. A re-application to the same college should not be treated any differently to a re-application elsewhere but if a candidate feels more comfortable applying to another college, that's what we would advise them doing.
Reply 5
Original post by BrasenoseAdm
You would not be disadvantaged.

Thank you very much for your help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending