The Student Room Group

Good electronic music?

I listen to Seven Lions, Illenium, Said the Sky, Gryffin, Mako, Grey, Dabin, Porter Robinson etc
(edited 5 years ago)
Kraftwerk. Always Kraftwerk.
Reply 2
Original post by Manitude
Kraftwerk. Always Kraftwerk.
Came here to say this. If you haven't heard their Die Mensch-Maschine, you haven't listened to electronic music. Komputer Welt is also good, but it doesn't have quite the edge of DMM.
Original post by Tootles
Came here to say this. If you haven't heard their Die Mensch-Maschine, you haven't listened to electronic music. Komputer Welt is also good, but it doesn't have quite the edge of DMM.

Personally I prefer Komputer Welt, but DMM is my second favourite Kraftwerk album. I'm also very partial to Autobahn and Radio-Aktivität.
Reply 4
Personally I prefer Komputer Welt, but DMM is my second favourite Kraftwerk album. I'm also very partial to Autobahn and Radio-Aktivität.

I was recommended DMM on r/aspergers, so it was the first one I heard. Similar to the first PF album I heard - Wish You Were Here. I'll always have a special place for that, even though I relate better to Dark Side. Same for DMM.
Original post by Tootles
I was recommended DMM on r/aspergers, so it was the first one I heard. Similar to the first PF album I heard - Wish You Were Here. I'll always have a special place for that, even though I relate better to Dark Side. Same for DMM.

DMM was the first for me, too, and so has that same special place but I think Computer World is a bit more interesting in terms of lyrics and melody, although the textures on DMM are really special. Especially on Neon Lights and The Robots (apologies for using the English titles...I am not great at German!).
Reply 6
DMM was the first for me, too, and so has that same special place but I think Computer World is a bit more interesting in terms of lyrics and melody, although the textures on DMM are really special. Especially on Neon Lights and The Robots (apologies for using the English titles...I am not great at German!).
Melody maybe. But lyrics... I'm not convinced :lol: I'm the operator with my pocket calculator ... by pressing down a special key it plays a little melody ... umm, alright then :ahee:
Kasbo
Elephante
Mitis
Tritonal
Madeon
San holo
Cash cash
Felix cartal
Original post by Tootles
Melody maybe. But lyrics... I'm not convinced :lol: I'm the operator with my pocket calculator ... by pressing down a special key it plays a little melody ... umm, alright then :ahee:

It's a classic lyric and we all know it :ahee::nerd:

But songs like Pocket Calculator and Computer World have interesting lyrics about the onset of what was then considered modern technology. Even back in the 80s, us having this conversation over the internet would have been nearly unthinkable. Sure, they had Bulletin Boards by then but they weren't exactly common, or user friendly. And you couldn't put funny emojis of people pressing down the special key: :pcguru:
Reply 9
It's a classic lyric and we all know it :ahee::nerd:

But songs like Pocket Calculator and Computer World have interesting lyrics about the onset of what was then considered modern technology. Even back in the 80s, us having this conversation over the internet would have been nearly unthinkable. Sure, they had Bulletin Boards by then but they weren't exactly common, or user friendly. And you couldn't put funny emojis of people pressing down the special key: :pcguru:
Oh no, I know what you mean. TBH Numbers spoiled Komputer Welt for me :lol:
Original post by Tootles
Oh no, I know what you mean. TBH Numbers spoiled Komputer Welt for me :lol:

Really? I quite often find myself counting to acht while imitating the voice they used for that.
Original post by manitude
really? I quite often find myself counting to acht while imitating the voice they used for that.
ichi ni san shi :colone:
Original post by Tootles
ichi ni san shi :colone:

u n o
d o s
t r e s
c u a t r o
u n o
d o s
t r e s
c u a t r o
Damn your eyes. I've just finished listening to it.
Original post by Matthew251
Kasbo
Elephante
Mitis
Tritonal
Madeon
San holo
Cash cash
Felix cartal

You’re basically me
Faves from that list are Moments, Shelter, Otherside and Finest Hour.

Quick Reply

Latest