The Student Room Group

RBS Video Interview 2018/19

I have reached the video interview stage of the RBS Finance graduate scheme and was wondering what questions come up?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Sent you a PM.
I got an RBS video interview too, can you tell me what questions do they have?
Reply 3
Please could you let me know too? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Mult
Sent you a PM.

Hey is there any chance you could share them with me too please?
Guy's, it's tough to give you questions as it's a bank of questions so you might get completely different ones to me.

I remember there being a why RBS and why this division, which I think must be the same for all VIs. The rest are strength and competency based, so tell me about a time or imagine you are...

You also only get thirty seconds to prepare answers so my biggest bit of advice is making sure all the tabs you might need for information are easily accessible. Take your time, talk slowly and clearly and get straight to the point.

Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Mult
Sent you a PM.

Hi, any chance you could forward them to me too, would be very much appreciated.
Thanks
Reply 7
Hi everybody, I am looking for RBS Video Interview Questions for Natwest markets. Can anyone help me? I am willing to trade with most other Investment banking or Asset management interviews questions
Reply 8
Hey can you sent them to me too?
Reply 9
Original post by Mult
Sent you a PM.

Hi,
I’m having an interview next week, would you mind sharing those questions as well ? Would really appreciate your help. Thank you.
Reply 10
i passed the video interview stage and they said that they are considering me for an AC but they are not sure if they will have enough spaces for everybody. Bummer
Original post by lostres
i passed the video interview stage and they said that they are considering me for an AC but they are not sure if they will have enough spaces for everybody. Bummer

That's the case with almost all graduate schemes. I'm waiting to hear back from loads after passing VI.
Just for anyone else who might be reading this thread and wondering what questions may be asked...

Most companies will ask you competency based questions (i.e. how you do something) with a much smaller number asking strengths-based questions (i.e. what engages and interests you). These approaches are very different, so be sure to clarify which one will be used for your interview! Whichever type of questions they asked, the hiring company will be looking to establish whether you can do the job to the required standard while fitting into the existing culture.

Most will be open questions. They usually consist of one part but some may digress to find out a little bit more about you. Nearly all the interview questions will be very straightforward, with no trick questions. Don’t be surprised if you are initially asked an icebreaker question. This is intended to ease you into the process and make you feel more comfortable.

Just give us a shout if we can be of any help! And good luck! :smile:
Reply 13
Any tips on what questions come up? I'm doing mine soon
Reply 14
Hi Mult,

Could you PM me the video interview questions please? I would kindly appreciate it.
Reply 15
Hi, I am doing my VI in the next 2 days, could you send me these questions it would really help settle my nervous. I would really appreciate this, thanks
Original post by YowJai
Hi Mult,

Could you PM me the video interview questions please? I would kindly appreciate it.

Hey!

Just a word of warning, we've seen a lot of candidates recently who have prepared answers having been given the wrong questions. Take caution and consider how you’ll react if you go into the interview with your answers rehearsed only to be asked a different set! This could disadvantage you more than going into the interview having not prepared at all.

Remember, the employer is interested in your experience, the question is simply prompting you to uncover your experience that is relevant.

A much better approach might be to focus on core things that the employer is assessing such as the competencies or strengths. If you are unsure what these are then The Guardian UK 300 is a good starting as it tends to list these in profile for each employer.

Once you have an idea of what they are assessing you can develop an understanding of the behaviours the employer is looking for you to evidence by simply looking up definitions for those competencies or strengths.

Once you have this information, you can start to come up with examples of when you have demonstrated these behaviours so you can develop an answer using the STAR technique.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

................................ ................................ ................................ .
Shortlist.Me is a platform where you can prepare, practice and improve your interview skills to get ahead of your competition. We’re interviewing experts and here to help you, so ask away!
Reply 17
If anyone has been invited to/completed AC stage, please inbox me!
Reply 18
Original post by Mult
Sent you a PM.

Heyy, could u pls send me the video interview questions for RBS. Would greatly appreciate it. Thanks :smile:
Reply 19
Original post by Mult
Sent you a PM.

Hi, any chance you could forward them to me as well please, would be very much appreciated.
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending