The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone else applied to Imperial Biomedical Engineering for 5th choice? They’ve just invited me to interview, I’m not sure what they are going to ask as my ps is completely medicine-orientated
Original post by jerrymouse123
What do you think of the earlier BMAT papers, ie.2003-2008, 2009-2014, 2015-2017

the scaling is better for old papers like a 15 in an old paper would get you mid 5s to low 6s now it doesn't
Does that mean you think the old ones are harder? Or the level of students is dropping?

Original post by Maz123445
the scaling is better for old papers like a 15 in an old paper would get you mid 5s to low 6s now it doesn't
Original post by Maz123445
Alright thanks a lot, any last advice before the BMAT next week, I got 4.4 and 5.1 on the 2017 paper

Nothing specific, but just make sure you stay calm throughout the test even if you think it's not going too well. It's unlikely you'll end up thinking it's going well either but that's completely normal - don't let it put you off or make you give up.
Hi, I just found this thread! I've applied too
These are my stats:
Home/international: home
Deferred?: No
GCSEs: 9A*s, 2As
A level predictions: A*A*A*A*
BMAT: just did it, but I honestly think I failed it, I'm praying it's higher than the cut-off
Work experience/volunteering: GP for 1 week, radiologist for 1 week, orthopaedics for 1 week, volunteering in a care home and primary school for 3 months
Extracurricular: I've had a part time job for 4 years, tennis team, cross country team, school choir
Wow, your stats are very high. You just have the BMAT and PS left. Being a home applicant, the cut-off for BMAT is slightly lower so you'll have no problem reaching it.

Original post by mirandapec
Hi, I just found this thread! I've applied too
These are my stats:
Home/international: home
Deferred?: No
GCSEs: 9A*s, 2As
A level predictions: A*A*A*A*
BMAT: just did it, but I honestly think I failed it, I'm praying it's higher than the cut-off
Work experience/volunteering: GP for 1 week, radiologist for 1 week, orthopaedics for 1 week, volunteering in a care home and primary school for 3 months
Extracurricular: I've had a part time job for 4 years, tennis team, cross country team, school choir
Hi!! I recently applied to ICL, yet i think i have a weak ap.. these are my stats:

Home/International: International
Home Deferred?: No
IGCSE: really low :frown: 3A*s, 2As, 3Bs and 1C (my school only offered me 8 IGCSEs and I took an extra spanish one)
IB Prediction: 40 points (677 in HLs with 7s in Bio and Psychology and a 6 in Chem)
BMAT : just took it, not really optimistic about, hoping for anything higher than ICLs cut-off
Work Experience/Volunteering: shadowing at a psychiatry ward in Cuba every time i had a vacation for a year, weekly visits to a childrens home for a year, working at a little homemade juice stand for CAS, 2 weeks in London going to palliative care centers, cancer research labs, neurology departments..also over a month of volunteering at a local church
Extra Curricular: Art (painting and drawing), Kick boxing, Muai Thai, MMA, Student Council, MUN
I’m confused, it says on the imperial College website that there are no GCSE requirements for Medicine.
I almost feel like I should un-watch this thread already! Bye bye imperial, hello redoing the BMAT next year :frown:
you're right, don't think Imperial focuses on GCSE.
Original post by SilverLipa
I’m confused, it says on the imperial College website that there are no GCSE requirements for Medicine.
Original post by slynch6020
I almost feel like I should un-watch this thread already! Bye bye imperial, hello redoing the BMAT next year :frown:

So relatable lol, that’s literally how I feel. I think I actually wasted an option tbh
Original post by sarah_al21
So relatable lol, that’s literally how I feel. I think I actually wasted an option tbh

think I wasted 2 lol-applied to Cambridge aswell. So annoying cause I'm pretty sure the rest of my application is really good but with a carp BMAT there's not much you can do ...
GCSEs won’t matter except for a 6 in English don’t overwork him yet, a good a-level prediction and a decent bmat score should be enough, once he’s in year 11,12 let him volunteer and shadow some doctors for experience so his personal statement can be decent. If you start overworking him now he’ll burn out by the time the bmat comes up the most important part of your application
Original post by slynch6020
think I wasted 2 lol-applied to Cambridge aswell. So annoying cause I'm pretty sure the rest of my application is really good but with a carp BMAT there's not much you can do ...

That's literally it, I honestly feel like i had good GCSE's (not that they actually care about them), a decent personal statement and reference and from mock interviews, i think i could be quite articulate. But these entry exams have kinda just ruined everything, so i'll just get pre-interview rejections. it's annoying, but I've somehow convinced myself that i'll do well in the BMAT next year when I'm practically forced to reapply
Reply 54
Original post by sarah_al21
That's literally it, I honestly feel like i had good GCSE's (not that they actually care about them), a decent personal statement and reference and from mock interviews, i think i could be quite articulate. But these entry exams have kinda just ruined everything, so i'll just get pre-interview rejections. it's annoying, but I've somehow convinced myself that i'll do well in the BMAT next year when I'm practically forced to reapply

Similar feeling :frown: Everything seems to be going fine except the BMAT itself, and the scary thing is, I really don't know what to expect. With section 2 you can slightly gage, but section 1 just leaves you in the dark. The wait is suffocating honestly!
Original post by jerrymouse123
Wow, your stats are very high. You just have the BMAT and PS left. Being a home applicant, the cut-off for BMAT is slightly lower so you'll have no problem reaching it.

Thanks!!
did you guys also get the considering your application email ?? does that mean our bmat is above the cut off
Reply 57
Original post by aliciameyers12
did you guys also get the considering your application email ?? does that mean our bmat is above the cut off

i did! i hope so lol
The acknowledgment email means practically nothing, I’m afraid. It’s a generic email sent to people.
Reply 59
Original post by aliciameyers12

I did! but unis don't have our bmat results yet

Latest

Trending

Trending