The Student Room Group

The GCSE November 2018 Maths resit for Edexcel 9-1 Paper 1

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Evil Homer
If you want to create an unofficial markscheme let me know and I can promote it and help you guys fill it in.

wait you said he was right? how?
I said he was wrong as they would have all got 210 but 25% more would have been 150 for him, just ignore me I'm probably wrong.
I'm just going to pretend this paper never happened and aim for 60 marks on the other two. and I really wanted a 7 this time round. such a
shame:frown:
Original post by Felicia0521
Hello,

I’ve just taking this paper and found it a lot harder than the non-calculator in May. Do the grade boundaries stay the same or can they change.

They can change depending on how many people failed or something. Tbh I think even the grade boundaries last year is little high for this paper cause this paper was hella hard
Original post by Felicia0521
Hello,

I’ve just taking this paper and found it a lot harder than the non-calculator in May. Do the grade boundaries stay the same or can they change.

Grade boundaries are usually lower for November exams anyway
because they are usually more difficult. this one in particular was pretty
horrible
so yes they will go down but its not clear by how much.
Original post by Dawn Silk
I said he was wrong as they would have all got 210 but 25% more would have been 150 for him, just ignore me I'm probably wrong.
I'm just going to pretend this paper never happened and aim for 60 marks on the other two. and I really wanted a 7 this time round. such a

I haven't said anyone was right, I just help Study Help, I didn't take the exam. Hope it went okay, you have probably done better than you think! Stay strong :smile:
Reply 44
they can change .

I worked out that the 7 people would have got £180 each, 25% of £180 is £30? I think that’s right ? I don’t know though aha
Reply 46
If a lot of people found it hard it will most likely go down by a significant ammount.For example last years summer exam wanted 124 for a 7 but the retake only wanted 112,this demonstrates that if ededxcel recognise the test is harder grade boundries will be lower.
Original post by kimwildx
I worked out that the 7 people would have got £180 each, 25% of £180 is £30? I think that’s right ? I don’t know though aha

lol I thought that by equally they meant all of them together like 2100 divided equally between 10 people because the managers got more. so it was not equal. such a long question for the start of the paper.
but the worst was yet to come
Original post by n dog
If a lot of people found it hard it will most likely go down by a significant ammount.For example last years summer exam wanted 124 for a 7 but the retake only wanted 112,this demonstrates that if ededxcel recognise the test is harder grade boundries will be lower.

I would be really happy if it went down to 112 again; I think this paper was harder then the November paper last year, we did them as mocks.
Did anyone do the foundation paper and will there be an unofficial markscheme, does anyone know? Thanks
Grade boundaries are usually lower for November exams anyway
because they are usually more difficult. this one in particular was pretty
horrible
so yes they will go down but its not clear by how much.

Thank you, hope so! I did the foundation paper and found it difficult I’d revised so much.
Original post by Hannah888888
Found it like death
How did u guys find it

I found it sooo bad, I did higher and I think I got less than 30 marks! I got a 6 in June and I’m sure I’m just going to go down now, I regret retaking it.
I found it pretty easy tbh what questions did you lot find hard we can compare answers
I thought higher was pretty good tbh what answers did u get we can compare
Reply 54
hey,
for the box plot one did you just draw lines from the Y axis at 12 and 36 to find the quartiles?
Yes and i got 81 green pens for the last one
Btw im in year 10 so if i get some wrong im sorry
Reply 57
hey,
because the shape was a square you could use the sides as radii. Then you could use pi r ^2 /4 on the larger circle using this. Then subtract the other circles 1/2 pi r ^2 and write over the squares area b4 simplifying.
Did u take away the area of arc from the area of semi circle then thats shaded area then u can put values in fraction and simplify
Has anyone done the foundation? Found it very hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending