The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else (who was asked for transcripts) get an email saying that "The deadline for you to respond will pass in 48 hours" even though you've already replied with your transcripts, and they've acknowledged that they've received it?
Original post by irishmed123
Anyone else (who was asked for transcripts) get an email saying that "The deadline for you to respond will pass in 48 hours" even though you've already replied with your transcripts, and they've acknowledged that they've received it?

I didn’t, maybe contact them just to make sure that they didn’t send it to you by mistake?
Original post by HannahLo93
I got a rejection yesterday! First class degree Biomedicine, PhD in Biomolecular Neuroscience with a published paper, 6670 on the UKCAT Band 1, and fairly sparce NHS experience. I'm figuring both my UKCAT and lacking experience are what brought my application down, as the academic side is quite strong!

Out of interest did you contact Kings for feedback? If you did, what did they say?
Reply 83
Anyone have an idea of when interviews will be held?
Reply 84
Original post by gem-101
Anyone have an idea of when interviews will be held?

Probably from January. I'm expecting interview invites probably to be sent out mid-December.

Does anyone feel like KCL are in/finishing up their screening phase and filtering out people they feel don't meet their base requirements? e.g. "not enough biology" etc?
Original post by ArcherBear
Probably from January. I'm expecting interview invites probably to be sent out mid-December.

Does anyone feel like KCL are in/finishing up their screening phase and filtering out people they feel don't meet their base requirements? e.g. "not enough biology" etc?

I hope you’re right, I don’t feel ready for an interview any time soon 😂 (if I get one!)
Possibly, they’ve started sending out transcript requests/rejections earlier than last year though so who knows! I’m surprised they contacted me for info for the 4 year course before the 5 year though. I wonder how many applicants they received this year!
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 86
Original post by Kentbiomedic
I hope you’re right, I don’t feel ready for an interview any time soon 😂 (if I get one!)
Possibly, they’ve started sending out transcript requests/rejections earlier than last year though so who knows! I’m surprised they contacted me for info for the 4 year course before the 5 year though. I wonder how many applicants they received this year!

haha I'm just going off when I last applied and they sent interview invites.

have they contacted you for the 5 year?

fingers crossed for good news :smile:
haha I'm just going off when I last applied and they sent interview invites.

have they contacted you for the 5 year?

fingers crossed for good news :smile:

Really the only thing we’ve got to refer to isn’t it! I know we won’t hear for a while but doesn’t stop me checking emails way more often than I should 😂
Nope, but from the thread it seems no grads have got interviews yet! Still remaining hopeful :smile:
You and me both!!
Reply 88
Original post by Kentbiomedic
Really the only thing we’ve got to refer to isn’t it! I know we won’t hear for a while but doesn’t stop me checking emails way more often than I should 😂
Nope, but from the thread it seems no grads have got interviews yet! Still remaining hopeful :smile:
You and me both!!

I really should know better but can't help refreshing my inbox 😂😂
I really should know better but can't help refreshing my inbox 😂😂

Same 😕
Reply 90
Original post by singhaman
Same 😕

as they say, no news is good news
as they say, no news is good news

I am too busy to worry. At this point it feels like I need to think about what I need to think about. Don't want to be in the same position as last year, so also applying for PhDs and jobs. It's rough
Reply 92
I am too busy to worry. At this point it feels like I need to think about what I need to think about. Don't want to be in the same position as last year, so also applying for PhDs and jobs. It's rough

it's good you have something to focus on. that way when you get your interview invites they'll be a pleasant surprise
it's good you have something to focus on. that way when you get your interview invites they'll be a pleasant surprise

(*If) you get your interviews 😂😂😭😭
Reply 94
(*If) you get your interviews 😂😂😭😭

when*

you've got this dude!
Anyone else get a message on the portal saying that they have not yet received a reply to our previous request for further information?
I sent all transcripts/certificates on the 11thNov18. I've resent them anyway, stating that I sent them previously; and included a copy of confirmation of receipt.
Original post by Ninja_R
Anyone else get a message on the portal saying that they have not yet received a reply to our previous request for further information?
I sent all transcripts/certificates on the 11thNov18. I've resent them anyway, stating that I sent them previously; and included a copy of confirmation of receipt.

Yeah I got that as well, but did the same thing as you did pretty much
I really do apologise if this was already asked. Do we just need to supply our transcripts or do we also need to attach our degree certificates? appreciate any help!
Reply 98
Just got a rejection from Kings :frown: (Ukcat 3090 Band1 with predicted 1st)
Original post by gem-101
Just got a rejection from Kings :frown: (Ukcat 3090 Band1 with predicted 1st)

Thats ridiculous!!! Why would they do that?!

Latest

Trending

Trending