The Student Room Group

Who do you think will win the Premier League

Man City and Liverpool have already lost at least once in the past 3-4 games, and Tottenham is back in the race for the title. Who do you think will win the title this year?

Scroll to see replies

LFC as long as they don't do something dumb like in 2014.
Spurs have a solid points total but I'm just not convinced they have enough squad depth over a 38 game season. Man City/Liverpool have played each other twice now so this is the best advantage point for Spurs (since the others can't both have max points from those 2 games) and yet Spurs are 6 and 2 points behind.

Spurs also have to go to both Anfield and the Etihad this season (having already lost at home to both sides).

I'd probably it's 50/50 between Liverpool and Man City. Liverpool have the 4 point advantage but Man City have the experience of winning titles (and hitting 100 points).
Spurs don't have the squad depth and we will see now how Liverpool respond to a loss. The next 3 or 4 games will be vital for them. Man City don't have that feeling of winning every game now so I can see them dropping some more points..Chelsea aren't able to score goals as they don't have a good striker, this could change this January though. Arsenal and Manchester United are a long way off in terms of points and defending, and Arsenal aren't in the best form. Manchester United are out of it I think, but could come 3rd, if Liverpool, City and Spurs have a bad second half of the season, we could get back in it.

I think City will win it,
Liverpool 2nd
Manchester United 3rd
Tottenham 4th
Arsenal 5th
Chelsea 6th
Spurs?

You must be joking
Original post by Zürich
Spurs?

You must be joking

They're picking up a lot of points under the radar. On track for 86 points currently which isn't to be sniffed at.
Liverpool will win the league
1st - City
2nd - Liverpool
3rd - Spurs
4th- Arsenal

I think that City’s squad depth will win it for them, their bench is better than most teams. Liverpool look great, but I think an injury here and there would cause them a lot of trouble
Top 4 this season

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Spurs
4. Man United
If City are within 4-6 points (or ahead of course) with 10 games left they will win.

Liverpool fans will do the same thing they have done every other time they have got close to win a PL title, whip the entire city, press and football watching public into a totally mad frenzy which, at some point, will get too much for one or more players who will make a big mistake to throw it away.
Looks a 2 hours race between Liverpool and Man City, maybe Spurs aren't quite out of it yet but who do you think will win it?
Original post by Rock Fan
Looks a 2 hours race between Liverpool and Man City, maybe Spurs aren't quite out of it yet but who do you think will win it?

Its very close to call. Liverpool havent had a real wibble yet and Man C have still to get KDB back properly. I just want it to be close.
Looks like that the CItizens or the Reds will win the Premier League this season. If it is really a duel between those, I hope so for Liverpool.
Anyone but Liverpool :moon:
Original post by RichPiana
Anyone but Liverpool :moon:

So you don't mind that Manchester City wins again? Liverpool's last victory in a championship was 1990, so before Premier League was founded. They botched it in 2014, when Liverpool was catched up by City the last match days. That is why I would grant this team the championship in this season to finish the hard time.
Original post by Kallisto
So you don't mind that Manchester City wins again? Liverpool's last victory in a championship was 1990, so before Premier League was founded. They botched it in 2014, when Liverpool was catched up by City the last match days. That is why I would grant this team the championship in this season to finish the hard time.

I support United so whilst I wouldn’t want City to win it I’d much rather them than Liverpool. Liverpool are still our biggest rivals and if they did win it we’d never hear the end of it. Besides, I still love mocking them about the fact that they’ve never won the Premier League and the last time they challenged for the league they bottled it.
Original post by RichPiana
I support United so whilst I wouldn’t want City to win it I’d much rather them than Liverpool. Liverpool are still our biggest rivals and if they did win it we’d never hear the end of it. Besides, I still love mocking them about the fact that they’ve never won the Premier League and the last time they challenged for the league they bottled it.

Since 2014, they bottled also the Europa League final in 2016 and at the top the Champions League final in the last season. Looks like that when the day has come to make history, Liverpool lose the pen and is unable to write in a book. :biggrin: Seriously, Liverpool was such an unlucky loser in the last four years.
Since 2014, they bottled also the Europa League final in 2016 and at the top the Champions League final in the last season. Looks like that when the day has come to make history, Liverpool lose the pen and is unable to write in a book. :biggrin: Seriously, Liverpool was such an unlucky loser in the last four years.

It’s brought a good smile to my face watching them bottle it :biggrin:
Original post by .Matthew.
LFC as long as they don't do something dumb like in 2014.

You certainly mean this one game in which Liverpool was 3-0 ahead and got three goals to 3-3 draw within 17 minutes? that was really the crunchpoint in 2014.
You certainly mean this one game in which Liverpool was 3-0 ahead and got three goals to 3-3 draw within 17 minutes? that was really the crunchpoint in 2014.

Yeah, that was pure torture to watch, LFC vs Crystal Palace

Quick Reply

Latest