The Student Room Group

Unseen poetry 2018 aqa english lit 9-1

I was just wondering how everyone found the unseen poem analysis and stuff for aqa. I found it quite hard and was just wondering what kind of points other people put as I struggled to find enough (mainly the 24marker)

But thank the lord english lit is over now WOO
I said the poem was being sarcastic. I used the simile like a sack and said that breath was a metaphor for life and that it makes the reader consider how they treat the elderly.

what did others do?
Reply 2
Original post by JacobReesMogg
I said the poem was being sarcastic. I used the simile like a sack and said that breath was a metaphor for life and that it makes the reader consider how they treat the elderly.

what did others do?

One of the points I used about the sack simile was that it shows the reader that the elderly generation still retain their usefulness past a specific age, so the narrator is not worried about becoming obsolete and is indifferent to the concept of ageing, rather than being afraid/anxious.
(edited 5 years ago)
i hated it
I went so deep into the poem. It was unreal. I almost fainted after the exam coz I put all my soul into that answer.
Reply 5
Original post by JacobReesMogg

what did others do?
I said the maya poem wants to be idependent in life. She’s detrimimed to keep her own company. She also struggles through the poem but managed to cope the last she doesn’t want a “rocking chair”. It shows the reader she’s a capable learner. She doesn’t like having “sympathy” or “chatter” she likes her own time alone
Reply 6
one long stanza and cesura reflects
what was the poem?
(Original post by gcses2018lol)I was just wondering how everyone found the unseen poem analysis and stuff for aqa. I found it quite hard and was just wondering what kind of points other people put as I struggled to find enough (mainly the 24marker)

But thank the lord english lit is over now WOO

What was the unseen poem?
It was probs the easiest part, just learn all the key terms etc and you will do fine, I personally did no revision for this section and scored a 7 overall so just start learning features and techniques now :smile:
Reply 10
what was the poem?

Original post by Katieannscott1
It was probs the easiest part, just learn all the key terms etc and you will do fine, I personally did no revision for this section and scored a 7 overall so just start learning features and techniques now :smile:
The Indian guy talking about his wife, but if learning these is a problem let me know
Reply 12
Original post by Katieannscott1
The Indian guy talking about his wife, but if learning these is a problem let me know

Sorry wht was the title of the poem
I can’t remember but it was like the last one and it was about the Indian guy with the shop and the wife
Reply 14
know any of the words?
She's/he's talking about singh song
Yes that’s the one !!!
is it singh song by daljit singh
do u remember the question??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending