The Student Room Group

Training Contract Applications 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by APOX2019
Anyone hear back from slaughters?

Sent my application on 20 December. Haven't heard yet. When did you send yours?
Reply 41
Original post by Unconventional.
Hi everyone! Is anyone willing to give some pointers to a clueless grad that is likely to be the oldest person on this thread ? I graduated in 2017 and had no intention of ever becoming a solicitor. However, things have changed and I now think this is the route I want to go down. Unfortunately because of my obstinance during my degree, I never did any vac schemes, or any work experience at solicitors firms (although I have a paid job in one now). I feel like I am utterly lost and unsure of who can help! I can see some of the firms here in the NW you can apply for a TC and a vac scheme with them at the same time, so I will probably do that. I've been on Law Careers website to find TC deadlines for firms, but there is no way of searching by location, is there any other website where you can do a search by location? I have a child so cannot relocate or travel too far. I have made a telephone appt with my uni careers service for later in the week but unsure how helpful they will be. I also have a set period of a week or so around Christmas for me to complete all the applications because that's the only time my husband is off uni to look after the baby so I can focus on the applications. I figure I should make contact with one of my old uni tutors ASAP actually to ask them to be a reference for me on the apps? I guess I will have to make contact with work too, they won't like that very much, eek.

Hi, I'm also currently in employment and applying for training contracts after deciding I want to become a solicitor. Like you, I haven't done a vacation scheme because I didn't think I would be changing career when I was studying, and I am now working full-time so it's not really possible. The website 'allaboutlaw' lets you search vacancies by region. I don't know if that helps...
Reply 42
Original post by b3k3b3k3
Just received an interview invite from Linklaters :smile:

Hi,
Can I ask how long it took for them to get back to you after you sent your application?
Reply 43
Has anyone heard from CC yet?
Original post by dauyn
Has anyone heard from CC yet?

No, not yet. But I applied for the IGNITE training contract tho.
Waiting to hear back from CC too - does anyone know when Dentons start getting back to people?
Reply 46
PFO from A&O. Is it true that if you apply on the deadline date they wont even consider you because they are on a rolling basis?
Reply 47
Original post by SB2019
PFO from A&O. Is it true that if you apply on the deadline date they wont even consider you because they are on a rolling basis?

I got rejected too and I applied on the deadline, passed the test too, it most likely is that I am not good enough
Reply 48
It looks like Clifford Chance has begun sending out the AC invites; I've seen one person confirm they've been invited and many others say their applications have been updated on the website.
Original post by euam16
It looks like Clifford Chance has begun sending out the AC invites; I've seen one person confirm they've been invited and many others say their applications have been updated on the website.

Do you know if anyone has been rejected?
Reply 50
I haven't seen anyone say anything about that yet. However, judging by the amount of people who have had their application updated and the fact mines hasn't I assume I might be one of those people about to find out they've been rejected 😂
Reply 51
Original post by euam16

Are you sure this was for TC? The person I saw confirm an AC invite was for a Vac Scheme, and everyone else’s have been updated online but no email from CC.
Original post by euam16
I haven't seen anyone say anything about that yet. However, judging by the amount of people who have had their application updated and the fact mines hasn't I assume I might be one of those people about to find out they've been rejected 😂

Well, you are probably not alone then :frown:. Who told you that their applications were successful? Are they on TSR?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 53
Original post by dauyn
Are you sure this was for TC? The person I saw confirm an AC invite was for a Vac Scheme, and everyone else’s have been updated online but no email from CC.

Someone on Vac Scheme thread confirmed a TC AC invite
Reply 54
Original post by dauyn

Yeah, the individual confirms it here https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5544546&page=91. I haven't seen anyone outside of this page say they've had the invite yet though.
Reply 55
Original post by JustinLala
Well, you are probably not alone then :frown:. Who told you that their applications were successful? Are they on TSR?

Yeah, I saw it on the VS post. I might be far too presumptious thinking no update = no invite, so I wouldn't read too far into it!
Reply 56
Original post by euam16
Yeah, I saw it on the VS post. I might be far too presumptious thinking no update = no invite, so I wouldn't read too far into it!

I've got a silly question - how is the update visible on the system? Is it the 'completed submission' that gets updated on the 'jobs website'?
Reply 57
Original post by c4r0l
I've got a silly question - how is the update visible on the system? Is it the 'completed submission' that gets updated on the 'jobs website'?

Yeah, mine says "Updated - 9 January 2019"
Original post by dauyn

Mine says "updated - Jan 2, 2019". Not sure if that is good or bad.

When did you submit your application?
Reply 59
Original post by dauyn

Would you mind posting back here if you get the offer through? It might be that this is a really good indicator for who is getting the offer.

Just out of interest, was there any updates prior to this? My application was updated a day after the deadline but nothing has changed since then so I wonder if that update was my application getting screened out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending